Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TMM March 2024 update and DA1 Catalyst

• 1.  TMM March 2024 update and DA1 Catalyst

Posted 03-27-2024 12:50

I cannot seem to connect our DA1 Catalyst to the new TMM (Android) app, which was released a few days ago. There is only an option to pair via bluetooth. I have logged a call with Trimble Support but am looking for community feedback. Thanks. 

------------------------------
    Jonas fernandez

• 2.  RE: TMM March 2024 update and DA1 Catalyst

Posted 03-27-2024 12:54

Hi Jonas

The Catalyst DA1 requires you to have the Trimble Catalyst Service installed. This is not an app that you interact with but rather the GNSS 'engine' that processes the digital signal from the DA1.
    The DA2 being next generation doesn't require this so it's not typically installed anymore unless you try to connect to a DA1

Install this then give it another try. Providing your Android device meets the minimum specs listed HERE you should be good

Tom Harrison

• 3.  RE: TMM March 2024 update and DA1 Catalyst

Posted 03-27-2024 13:21

Thanks Tom - we have been using these for a few years, and have this app installed already. The new updated TMM app, if you don't have it, does not have an option to choose a GNSS receiver, it only seems to pair over Bluetooth. It has a very different interface than the one I have been using for 4 years. I have not yet heard back from Trimble, but there is so far nothing I can see in the new app which enables a DA1 connection. 

Jonas fernandez

• 4.  RE: TMM March 2024 update and DA1 Catalyst

Posted 03-27-2024 20:01

Hi Jonas,

In the new TMM app if your DA1 is already connected via USB you should see it when you click on the 'Select' button from the Home screen, as in this screen shot (your list of devices will be different of course, but you should still see 'Trimble DA1'):

If you don't see the receiver in the list please ensure that the Catalyst service app is up to date, you might also want to try signing out then signing back in again. If this isn't working then the Support team should be able to resolve the issue.

Best regards,

Mark Kellaway

• 5.  RE: TMM March 2024 update and DA1 Catalyst

Posted 30 days ago

Thank you Mark - yes, this is odd, I don't see the same screen as you: on my version (which is up to date, I checked), I only have the option of a DA2. I connected our DA1 to the one tablet which has not updated to the new app, and I have no prompt for firmware, and the Catalyst Service is up to date. Sounds like I need to take this up with tech support. 

Jonas fernandez

• 6.  RE: TMM March 2024 update and DA1 Catalyst

Posted 30 days ago

Hello All,

I can confirm that even if you do get to see the DA1 as a selection as in the picture that Mark Kelly provided. TMM and the legacy Trimble DA1 are not playing well with each other. It is behaving like it can't stay connected to TCH and the accuracies are all over the place. I have screenshots and a recording that I will be sending into Trimble Support. I have seen this with two different customers this week in Idaho. 

Mel Philbrook

• 7.  RE: TMM March 2024 update and DA1 Catalyst

Posted 27 days ago

I'm having the same issue and am one of the Idaho customers that Mel referenced. 

Mark/Mel, can you advise how we can re-install the older TMM versions that last worked with the DA1? 

Jamie Somma

• 8.  RE: TMM March 2024 update and DA1 Catalyst

Posted 27 days ago

Mel,

On an earlier I thread with Tom Harrison re:  updating the DA1 firmware, it seems he was indicating that we need to downgrade to TMM 2.9.5 to do that. Based on the behavior I was seeing with TMM 3.x, it sounds like TMM2.9.5 is the last supported version with the DA1. He was going to send me the instructions to downgrade via the catalyst_support@trimble.com outbox, but I've not sen that email yet if you can help with that. 

Also, please advise what process I need to go thru to get those 5 hrs added back to my On Demand Licenses on my account.

Thanks!

Jamie Somma

• 9.  RE: TMM March 2024 update and DA1 Catalyst

Posted 26 days ago

Hi Jamie, All,

The versioning is a little confusing so I'll address that first. The DA1 firmware update process was not supported beyond 2.9.5, so in order to update the firmware that is the version that must be used. Other than the firmware update DA1 is supported through, and tested with, version 3.x and version 4.x. Tom watches the forum and I am sure he hasn't forgotten you. You should of course make sure that the Trimble Catalyst Service is up to date from the Play store as has previously been mentioned.

With regards to the On Demand hours, if you have lost hours as a result of not being able to use the solution then Support will be able to help you with that also.

Now with regards to getting hold of the previous version of TMM, that is certainly possible but again should be done through Support. When talking to Support please be sure to provide TMM logs (TMM Menu>Help>Share log file) so that we can see what is happening.

Regards,

Mark.

Mark Kellaway

• 10.  RE: TMM March 2024 update and DA1 Catalyst

Posted 25 days ago

Hi Jamie

The details and installation download link should be in your gmail inbox, check the SPAM folder If you can't see anything or drop me a direct message.

The installation to 2.9.5 is only to run the DA1 GNSS firmware upgrade. Once this is done you can proceed to update the app via Play store back to the latest v4.0 and use the DA1 as normal.

I can see there are some comments around the DA1 and TMM v4.0 in this thread. Any issues please utilise your local Trimble reseller to work through these. Resellers can then escalate to Trimble directly If required for a fix

Missing OD hours.

Like Mark said - open a support case with your local Trimble reseller and provide them with the logs from the device you had these issues with. They can work with you & Trimble on this to determine what went on

Tom Harrison