Here's a quick start guide for learning how to find stuff you need.
You can make use of the following ways to keep track of, and find, everything that's important to you. And remember, as you develop behavior patterns in the community, it will recommend relevant content, people, and places based on your activity.
Tip: Browse the people and places that your co-worker or someone with similar interests follows by going to their profile page and clicking . This is a great way to find things you might want to follow, too.
- Search for something specific:
- Let the community finish your thought. With predictive searching, when you start typing in the Search box, it returns the most closely related items found while searching everything in your community. You can pick from the list, or press to get all matching results that can be further sorted to find what you need. You'll be able to refine your search to a specific space, project, group, or person. Direct messages and status updates are searchable. You can also choose a search time frame.
- Browse for something more general:
Click a subject to browse: People, Your Places (under your avatar), or Your Content (under your avatar). Once you get there, you can use the left navigation to narrow the results by how they relate to you. For example, did you author the content? Did you participate in the discussion? Or, do you want to look at all content in the community?
- Filter what you're browsing:
- Once you're browsing, you have even more sorting, filtering and key-word search options, including things like sort by date, filter by tags, or search specific text, which all help you find what you need as quickly as possible.
- From any piece of content, you can create a bookmark by clicking Bookmark in the right-hand menu. Later, to find the content you've bookmarked, just click My Stuff at the top of your screen and go to My Bookmarks.
- Frequently and Recently Viewed:
- You can look at your community browsing history of Content, People, and Places by clicking the Search box at the top right and then selecting either Frequently Viewed or Recently Viewed. If you don't see what you need from the list, scroll down and click Show 5 more.