|Click the icon to skip to the section you are interested in.|
|Feature supported in shown platforms only.|
A clip plane is a very useful tool when needing to create a cross sectional view of a model. Once the desired cross section has been created, it can be saved as a View or a ToDo and shared with various team members.
Creating a Clip Plane
- Click the clip plane icon to bring up the clip plane tool in the 3D viewer. Sectioning can be done both vertically and horizontally.
- Place the clip plane along the axis that the model will be sliced, horizontally or vertically, and click to select that plane.
- Click on the directional arrows to drag the clip plane across the model to create the cross sectional view.
- To make multiple cross sectional views in the model (up to 8) simply select the clip plane tool again and repeat the process.
You can add clip planes to focus on required details in the model. A clip plane cuts away a portion of the model along a plane that you select. Clip planes do not remove objects from the models, they just determine what is displayed in the 3D view. You can create up to 8 clip planes.
Add a clip plane
- On the 3D view toolbar, click .
- Snap to an object.
Trimble Connect displays the orientation of the clip plane.
- Click the object to set the clip plane.
A clip plane symbol appears.
- To move a clip plane, drag a clip plane symbol to a new location.
Delete a clip plane
Do one of the following:
- Click the clip plane symbol and press Delete.
- Click the clip plane symbol, right-click and select Remove.
Delete all clip planes
Create a Clip Plane
- Open model in 3D viewer.
- Click model display settings icon.
- Select "ClipPlanes" under Display Options.
- Select model element and click '+' icon.
- Add new clip plane.
- Select a clip plane icon on the model element and drag across sectional view.
- To create multiple clip planes, simply repeat the above steps.
Delete a Clip Plane