Download Trimble Connect Sync
The Trimble Connect Sync tool can be downloaded at the app store within the Trimble Connect App.
Accessing Trimble Connect Sync
- Sync - For creating a sync schedule
- Open Trimble Connect Folder - Shortcut to open Trimble Connect projects locally
- Open Trimble Connect Web - Shortcut to open Trimble Connect projects on server
- Help - Help documents shortcut
- Exit - Exiting the Trimble Connect Sync
The default installation location for Trimble Connect Sync will be:
- Windows - C:\Program Files\Trimble\Trimble Connect Sync
Logging in to Trimble Connect Sync
The Trimble Connect Sync tool uses the same login credentials as used in Trimble Connect Web.
- Use this button to sync all projects manually.
- Use this button to manually sync all custom sync jobs listed for the particular project.
- Use this button to sync a particular custom sync job listed under a specific project.
- This button will allow you to select the folders to sync along with the sync direction.
- This button will allow you to schedule the sync at a certain time or day.
- This button will allow you to set specific rules for the schedule including the rules for conflict synchronization.
Custom Sync Schedules
Creating A Schedule
The following things should be kept in mind while creating a schedule:
- Sync Name
By default the sync name is "Full project sync", which can be edited.
- My Computer
Clicking in the text field or the folder icon will allow you to select the folder you want to sync on your computer.
- Sync Direction
The icon determines the direction the job will sync.
- 2-way (any changes to project files made in either your computer or in Trimble Connect will be reflected in both applications)
- 1-way: Project files are transferred from the Trimble Connect server to your computer.
- 1-way: Project files are transferred from your computer to the Trimble Connect server.
- Browse Trimble Connect
Clicking in the text field or the folder icon will allow to you to select the folder you want to sync on the Trimbe Connect server.
The calendar icon allows the custom sync jobs to be scheduled on a manual, hourly, daily and weekly basis.
Selecting Folders and files to Sync
Selecting folders and files to sync can be done by clicking on the folder icon under the Settings section of the sync schedule after clicking on Advanced. A new window will open where the folders are chosen:
- The Browse button will allow you to set the folder where you want files sync'd to or from on your computer.
Note: If the files and folders under My Computer are greyed out, it means that the files have not been synced from Trimble Connect and do not exist on the local machine.
- The Browse button will allow you to set the folder where you want files sync'd to or from on Trimble Connect.
- The sync direction icon will allow you to set the sync schedule direction:
Excluded File Types:
Here you can add file types to be excluded in the sync process. Enter "filter description" and "file extension" and click "Add new filter". When you are done adding filters, click on Save.
This screen gives you notification options and rules for synchronization.
Notification settings for sync:
This section will allow you to setup notifications for synchronization events that can be sent to an e-mail address you specify.
If a sync conflict occurs, an email will be send to the user regarding the details of the sync conflict. Notification emails will be sent for sync errors, which includes the details of the errors. The e-mail will also give the number of successful files uploaded/downloaded along with number of failed files. Sync completion will give information about successful file upload/downloads which includes the number of files.
Note - While entering multiple email followed by comma(,) or semi-colon(;) please avoid entering spaces.
Rules for synchronization:
This feature applies conflict resolution rules for synchronization.
This feature helps in setting up a proxy, if needed.
For project admins there are additional sync settings for Check in/out workflows here - Project Sync Settings
See additional tips and hints for sync here - Sync Tips
View supported file types here - Supported File Types