The Adjust Linestring Elevation, AdjustLSElevation, TML allows you the modify the elevation of a portion or all of a given linestring.
After selecting the linestring to be modified, the portion of the linestring to be modified needs to be specified. The available options are:
- All - The elevation of every node in the linestring will be modified
- Start to Location 1 - The elevation of every node from the beginning of the linestring to the specified location will be modified. The details of the about the Locations are below.
- Location to End - The elevation of every node from the specified location to the end of the linestring will be modified.
- Location 1 to Location 2 - The elevation of every node from Location 1 to Location 2 of the linestring will be modified.
Location refers to the distance along a linestring. This is sometimes referred to as the station or chainage value. When the location is not at either end of the linestring, an extra node is inserted 1 mm before or after the specified location. This is done to avoid vertical segments within the linestring that can lead to issues with modeling and computations.
The last set of information to specify is the new Elevation value(s). There are 3 options to choose from:
- Undefined - The elevation on the specified nodes will be removed.
- Single Elevation - The elevation on the specified nodes will be set to the given Elevation value.
- Interpolate - The elevation is interpolated using the 2 given values and computed for every specified node between the specified locations
AdjustLSElevation can be downloaded, installed, and updated using TMLStatus. AdjustLSElevationis a Licensed TML and is included in the CAD Toolbox. If you would like to try this or any Rockpile Solutions TMLs, just send an email to Peter@RockpileSolutions.com asking for a trial or demo license.