AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why can I not calculate a stockpile/depression volume from a surface with a trimmed boundary?

Question asked by Patrick L'heureux on Jan 11, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 23, 2019 by Patrick L'heureux

Disclaimer: I believe I have brought up this topic before but I could not find it on the community page so I think it was on a different forum. Sorry if I posted this already in this forum.

One of the issues that I continually run into is that you cannot run a stockpile/depression calculation on a surface with a trimmed boundary. 

This morning I was trying to calculate stockpile volumes based off a a topoed surface I created in the field yesterday.

I have also run into this issue when trying to obtain stockpile/depression volumes on takeoff surfaces (where there is usually a trimmed boundary applied).

The quickest fix is to remove the trimmed boundary but this requires manipulating good data or finished work. You could also create a surface based on the information you need but this seems like a redundant step because the data is already there, the user just wants to run a calculation. 

We need the ability to run a stockpile/depression on a surface that has a trimmed boundary applied to it. This is a very common calculation that I have to constantly work around. This would be a very useful.

Thank you.

Outcomes