AnsweredAssumed Answered

Linestring VPI's being unintentionally eliminated.

Question asked by Richard Tyndall on Mar 19, 2020
Latest reply on Mar 23, 2020 by Marian Plucinski

I just made a rather disappointing and disturbing discovery in one of our very large site projects. It seems that, for what appears to be random linestrings in the project, the VPI nodes have been eliminated while the Horiz nodes remain elevated. The only command that I am aware of that could do such a thing at a wholesale level would be changing the elevation of the linestring to undefined, however, that also sets the horiz nodes to ? as well, which is not the case. There are hundreds of VPI nodes that have been eliminated on multiple linestrings. I certainly did not eliminate them and I do not believe anyone else purposefully or nefariously did so either. Are there any commands or actions that a user can unknowingly take, short of purposefully doing so, that would eliminate only and all of the VPI nodes of a linestring while leaving the Horiz node elevations unaffected?  

This is going to cost us days of man-hours to resolve and I need to understand what is going on to prevent it from happening again.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Example:

Project File (vce): Transfer - Dropbox 

Outcomes