Previously you could import existing road centerline from Trimble data market place, this has now been replaced by DigitalGlobe maps
Is there any way to import the local roads directly into TBC
When you say Import do you mean really import or do you mean show as a Backdrop? If you mean show as a backdrop then yes you can do this.
1) Your project needs to have a Coordinate System and Projection / Datum etc. so that it can link to the Global WGS coordinate System - this can be a Site Calibration or a Coordinate System definition.
2) Your project must have one piece of data (point, line, text etc.) in the vicinity of the project in the coordinate system coordinates.
3) You must have a Trimble ID - if you don't have one go to www.connect.trimble.com, select Sign In and then Create a new Trimble ID - define your username (email address) and password.
4) Go to Support - Options - External Services profiles and set up a profile for your Trimble Identity. Sign in and check that it works.
5) At the base of the Plan View Screen click on the icon in the bank of toggle switches that looks like a map. This will turn on the Map View and display either the Satellite Imagery or a Street Map. If it is showing the wrong one then go to the Project Explorer, right at the top where it shows either Unnamed (for an unsaved project) or the project Name for a saved project - Right click on the project name and select the alternate option in Mapview settings - you can select Digital Globe Imagery or Trimble Mapview (street map) options.
If this is not what you are asking, please let me know what you were getting from Digital Marketplace
I can get the background map fine, what I want to do is download the local roads linework, which you were able to do on the older version of TBC
(but the command has been removed from the current version)
Take a look at the video sitech done for a tender takeoff
YouTube about 7.30 min into the video
First select area and download the local road (8.00min youtube)
this downloads all the .shp files which are useful when creating a haul route (this is the data I'm after)
Thanks, Alan for the reply
That would be nice for haul routes rather then tracing them. Never knew you could do this before.
i use to use the Data Marketplace all the time. I asked the question back in 2018 why they got rid of it.
The geospatial Team I believe shut down the Digital Marketplace so the
service is not there any longer to draw from. You can still import the SHP
files if there is a government site you can access the ESRI SHP files from.
I assume that this is why the command was removed by the Geospatial team.
On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 1:27 PM firstname.lastname@example.org <
If you're after SHP files why not download them from QLD Globe?
Extra step yes, but the same outcome.
Retrieving data ...