Are we able to clear a job site file and create a whole new job site in a TBC file that already has one created or clear the existing file out?
I guess that this is not really a workflow that we felt we needed to support when this was done - it would be good to understand why this is necessary in your situation - please provide that here
A few comments
1) When you create a Jobsite, Design, Workorder in BC-HCE if you don't assign it to a Controller, the information is all stored in the project, the references are ready so when you add it to a controller it will all get copied to that controllers sync folder in C:\Trimble Synchronizer Data.
2) If the Project has a Jobsite created and for some reason you want to remove it and not replace it, the way to do that would be to select all of the data in Plan View etc and export it to a VCL file and then import it into a New Project from where you can start over. But that may not be necessary
3) If you want to rename a Jobsite you can easily do that from the Jobsite Manager
4) If you want to change the Site Cal or the Control Points you can import a new Site Cal and overwrite the old one. You can delete the Control Points and replace them with new ones and re export.
5) If you want to change the Site Map - remove all the current lines etc in the Site Map and replace them with new or supplement the old with what you want now.
6) If you want to remove Designs and replace with new you can do that also
7) Same for Work orders.
8) But if you really want to start over but have data that ytou want to use, do (2) above to export the data you need and reimport it into a clean project.
Because of all the possible things that could go wrong if you "just delete the Jobsite and all its data from the project" we don't allow that today - because deleting from the Project would involve deleting from the Controllers and machines also that were connected as well as deleting all of the data from the Sync Folders on TCC and the PC.
Can you let me know what workflow you have gone through to get to a point where you want to Delete the Jobsite and its contents and start over? Can you also advise how different the new data is compared to the old and what you are really trying to change as the question may not be quite what you asked - for example in Project Settings under Field Data you have protections on Control Points and Site Calibrations and if that is stopping you from updating controllers therefore forcing you to want to Start Over - the simplest solution is to remove the protections while you make the changes and then reinstate the protections when you are ready to lock them down again.
Hope that this helps
You can also select the Jobsite in the Project Explorer and then hit CTRL D to delete it - this disassociated the project from the Controller files without deleting the data from the Sync Folders etc. It will also delete all of the Selection Sets that are created to manage the Design Map, the Site Map, the Control Points, etc. but that is not changed on the Sync Folders at all. Of course we still recommend that you have one master project that drives all of the data to the Field systems.
Retrieving data ...