AnsweredAssumed Answered

Are there plans to update the landXML export format to LandXML 2.0?

Question asked by Patrick L'heureux on Nov 18, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 18, 2018 by Alan Sharp

It looks like the new LandXML 2.0 format supports some very important entities such as texture. This is a very valuable component when using tools such as Trimble Connect and Trimble SiteVision. Will this be supported by Business Center if it is not already. I don't think it is because the LandXML code refers to 1.2 (shown  in the first image below).

The cross section template table sounds intriguing. I do not know whats this entails but if I could:

• take an engineers typical standard cross sections from their software
  • import them into Business center from a LandXML
  • apply this as corridor templates at corresponding stationing
  • perform some node clean up if necessary
    • Clean up would still consist of:
      • Tie slopes
      • Transitions
      • Intersections
    • This would be faster than digitizing 2D cross sections
    • I would assume there would be less translation hiccups
  • Run these various templates along my corridor, densifying and modify as necessary
    • Still saving me a lot of time and not having to start from scratch

I think there should be a way of taking the smart data (cross section template, corridor template) from an engineers CAD software and bringing that into Business Center. If we have to build to their typical standard sections, why is this still a manual process? I understand there will be additional manipulation but I feel like this would be a good jump start at the start of a project and save some tedious steps. 

Short term (before fully 3D files) the engineer should be providing us with the following in a LandXML because a LandXML should be accepted by all CAD software:

• alignment
    • horizontal 
    • vertical
  • Corridor
    • Typical Sections

Outcomes