AnsweredAssumed Answered

Takeoff Report Error "HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component".

Question asked by Darren Fry on Feb 7, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 8, 2019 by Tim McCann

I recently upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10, as well as another estimator in our office with the exact same PC and Windows 10 upgrade.  After the Windows upgrade we are now experiencing an error when running a takeoff report in both BC-HCE 4.12 and TBC 5.00.1.  The takeoff processes normally, then the new tab opens up saying "Loading" on the screen.  This is where the error displays instead of the takeoff report.  We sent the project file to another user and the takeoff ran without errors, so it's not the project file.  If I change the report type from Concise Report to the Excel option the report is generated normally.  Luckily I can still get my reports, but I do not like the format of the Excel report so I would really like to get this resolved.

We ran all of the windows updates, as well as all of the graphics driver updates on both computers.  I just ran the Trimble Cleanup utility and reinstalled HCE 4.12 and I am still getting the error.  Can someone point me to what would cause this error?  

Outcomes