Cleaning up contours to elevate edge of pavement from can be a pain and tedious.
Here is a trick I found. I think it speeds up contour cleanup along edges of pavement, especially for site style projects.
- Elevate edge of pavement
- Could be as simple as putting it at elevation 1. This is just so that the create side slope function will work
- Use create side slope
- Create two lines far enough on either side of the edge of pavement to trim the bad contour data
- Join the side slope lines to create a closed polyline
- Join the contours to be trimmed
- Use the clip command
- Make sure to use the "Remove lines inside bounding lines" method
- Select the lines to line and the bounding line
- Turn off edit layers
- Use the trim/extend command and extend the trim turns to the the edge of pavement
- Elevate edge of pavement using the elevate lines commands
Process in action:
I think it works pretty well. They one thing that would make this easier is a polyline select function.
If anyone has any other tricks, feel free to share.