Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only

Android and iOS Device Requirements for Trimble Catalyst DA2 GNSS Receiver 

10-04-2021 14:47

The Trimble Catalyst DA2 GNSS Receiver (announced October 2021) can be used with applications running on Android and iOS devices. 

On devices powered by Android, DA2 requires:

• Android version 5.0 or higher
  • Bluetooth compatible & enabled

On devices powered by iOS or iPadOS, DA2 requires:

• iOS 13 or higher
  • iPadOS 13 or higher
  • Bluetooth compatible & enabled

The following iOS/iPadOS devices are compatible (last updated October 2021):

• iPhone 6S
  • iPhone 6S Plus
  • iPhone SE (1st generation)
  • iPhone 7
  • iPhone 7 Plus
  • iPhone 8
  • iPhone 8 Plus
  • iPhone X
  • iPhone XS
  • iPhone XS Max
  • iPhone XR
  • iPhone 11
  • iPhone 11 Pro
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max
  • iPhone SE (2nd generation)
  • iPhone 12 Mini
  • iPhone 12
  • iPhone 12 Pro
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max
  • iPhone 13 Mini
  • iPhone 13
  • iPhone 13 Pro
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max
  • iPod Touch (7th generation)
  • Supported iPad devices:
  • iPad Air 2
  • iPad Air (3rd generation)
  • iPad (5th generation)
  • iPad (6th generation)
  • iPad (7th generation)
  • iPad Mini 4
  • iPad Mini (5th generation)
  • All iPad Pro models

#Catalyst
#Android
#iOS
#iPhone
#iPad
#DA2
#Compatibility

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Comments

03-09-2022 12:26

Szia Tom!
A DA2 probléma nélkül működik a lányom samsung telefonjával. A telefonom a Land Rover Explore 2018-as verziója, ahogy említettem, 8.0 android fut rajta. Amikor megpróbálok csatlakozni a vevőhöz, ritkán villogó "nulla" jelenik meg a TMM kezdőlapjának képernyőjén (a műhold ikon sarka). rendben. Köszönöm a segítséget! Hogyan tudom letölteni a naplófájlt?
Üdvözlettel
Béla
(I tried to use the phone's in developer mode too without any result....but maybe the source of the problem is in the android)

03-09-2022 12:10

Hi Motkó Béla
I've successfully ran the DA2 on a device using BT 4.1 (Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo - G903F)  without any issues.
Not a rigorous field test by any means but as a proof of concept the comms work fine and were stable for several hours with the Trimble Mobile Manager app

I would suggest you send the log files through with a description of this problem and someone on the support team can take a look and get back to you with more detail

03-02-2022 23:44

Hello,
The DA2 landed yesterday. Very nice, seems it will be useful in the field. Unfortunately there is no connection between the D2A and my phone. It is ok. The leaflet suggestions is clear and simple. My phone has android 8.+ with 4.1 bluetooth...maybe it would be the problem? The catalyst specs write that need 4.2 but i read that there is a forward combatibility relations 4.1 vs 4.2. My phone and Catalyst see each other despite no build the connection insade the TMM app. What is the problem? (I need a new phone?)
Thanks, Bela

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.