Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only

Catalyst Auxiliary Battery vs Tablet 

07-31-2021 12:00

I'm using the standard Anker auxiliary battery along with a tablet.  It will not allow me to connect to the Catalyst antenna when I have the auxiliary battery connected at the same time as the tablet.  Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there a solution, or order of operations?
#Trimble_Mobile_Manager
#Catalyst_Device_Compatibility
#Catalyst

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Comments

08-05-2021 09:23

Hi Greg

Without knowing what the tablet is and seeing the logs it's hard to tell here.
Some devices have special requirements for external USB connections so, If you are using a Type-C adaptor this could be the issue. Not all USB Type-C adapters are the same. Trimble recommends the Huawei AP52 Micro USB to USB Type-C Adapter

This Q & A post type doesn't give us any room for discussion so I'd recommend you either contact local Trimble reseller for practical advice on this or send the log files to the Trimble support team along with a description of what the problem is for them to investigate

The order you connect and power the auxiliary battery does determine what mode the Catalyst DA1 will operate in (host or OTG).
If you connect and power the battery first to the DA1 BEFORE the phone then the DA1 will act as host and provide power to your device (provided it supports OTG).

Without the battery or setting up in any other order will result in the device providing the power to the DA1

For yourself and anyone else looking to this thread, I'd recommend the Catalyst Setup guide for the correct field setup with or without a battery and the Powering the Catalyst DA1 antenna using USB-OTG section of the Android Minimum Requirements for the technical details on how each mode behaves

So In summary I'd advise you send the log files through for us to make a quick assessment

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.