Mixed Reality - Trimble Connect for Hololens (TCH) v 3.3 is live!
TCH v 3.3 is now available in the Microsoft Store and can be downloaded on your Trimble XR10 and HoloLens 2 devices.
What is new in this release
- BETA! Navisworks
- The Navisworks model viewing will be released as a BETA feature: In this stage of the BETA period, the NWD & NWC file formats support plain 3D viewing only. The files cannot be used in other workflows, like for example in creating Views, ToDos or Clash checks. Also, there may be some models that are not rendered correctly or some property data may be incomplete
- Navisworks Support in Trimble Connect for Windows (BETA)
- Offline Mode (Phase 2)
- Be able to download Views and ToDos data locally onto the HoloLens in order to access and continue working during wifi disruptions on the site
- Full Offline Mode: Will be available across releases. In order to enable all features to work properly within the app in offline mode we will be building this feature in phases.
- Aligning a model to site using multiple markers
- Scan multiple markers and align a model to the site: Using TCH you can now load the model that contains markers and align it in the physical space by scanning one or many markers
- Compare Mode - Use this mode to compare and verify if the markers are placed correctly in relation to each other with the model placements
- Large Model Improvement
- Support Models with lines and be able to interact with them; Users can now pick lines within the model; includes adaptive rendering for enabling better model stability with line models.
- TCH Analytics Framework to enable data driven product decisions based on Usage, User behavior and Biz Intelligence
- Usability Improvements/Corrections
- User configurable rotation and translation units for finer and granular model adjustments
- User configurable tool size to make it usable in Design or QA/QC workflow mode.
- Accommodate slight warps and imperfections in physical marker placements
- Bounding Box enhancements to improve affordances for smaller objects to enable users to interact with objects/models that are small.
- Updated fine tune tool:
- General: Many critical Software Architecture Improvements; Improved code quality and error handling; Platform compatibility updates; General UI/UX, Bug Fixes and housekeeping.
Learn More: YouTube- Mixed Reality Channel
If you have questions, comments and/or ideas for connecting our solutions to Transform the way the world works! please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Trimble XR10 with HoloLens 2, for those unfamiliar, is the only fully-embedded mixed-reality device in the world that is custom-built and certified for use in safety controlled environments. Trimble XR10 leverages all of the benefits of the Microsoft HoloLens 2 - a larger field of view, updated cameras and processors, flip-up visor, iris detection and eye calibration, and 10-finger hand tracking - to provide the end user with the most advanced mixed reality tools right on their job site.
Important Note: Due to significant changes in functionality between HoloLens 1 and 2, all releases of Trimble Connect for HoloLens v 3.0 onwards will be developed exclusively for Microsoft HoloLens 2 and Trimble XR10 with HoloLens 2. New versions will not be backwards compatible with Microsoft HoloLens 1.