View Only

Trimble Connect for Mobile 2.21 | Release Notes | Sep 02, 2022 

08-09-2022 19:47

Trimble Connect for Mobile 2.21

Sep 02, 2022

Trimble Connect for Mobile

iOS | Android | v2.21

About this release

Connect for Mobile v2.21 is now available in Google PlayStore and Apple App store.

Improvements 

QR code based launch of files and views

It will now be possible to launch files and views using QR code. 
  • This will eliminate the need to browse through folder hierarchies to open the desired file. 
  • It will also avoid the need to navigate to Views list and search for a View. 
  • This will be available for both 3D and 2D file types supported by Connect. 
  • Multiple 3D models can be mapped to a QR code (to launch all files together).
NOTE :
A. Using the QR code doesn’t modify user permissions to files and views.
1. So users with "No access" file permissions will not be able to open files.
2. Similarly users with whom Views are not shared will not be able to open the Views. 

B. QR scan to open files / views will be available in online only mode for now. Availability in offline mode will be in the future.

QR scan options 

The QR scan options are available in different portions of the app - so you can scan easily regardless of where you are in the Connect for Mobile app.

Where can I generate QR code from?

You can launch the needed files or view and capture the QR code from the browser as shown below.  It can be downloaded and placed onsite where the user is expected to have access to the model or view.

There will be an option shown to download the QR code to a local machine after which it can be printed and pasted over a sheet of paper onsite.

#Release_Notes
#Trimble_Connect_Mobile
#Trimble_Connect

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Comments

08-14-2022 09:20

i think it is better to genrate qr code from trimble connect (share link) and to be able to download it, and when i scan the qr code should the plan in trimble mobile open, it will be also great to control version over the qr code (Dalux qr)

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.