TMC v18.104.22.168 includes the capability to have a single grid model be updated by multiple vessels on a network.
The basic requirements are:
- Nominate one instance of TMC running on a network as the 'Server'. This can be a working vessel or just an office installation.
- Setup a Grid model in the TMC project on the Server PC and configure the Logging settings to enable Grid Model Server with an IP address of 127.0.0.1 (Local)
- Use Windows sharing to share the TMC project folder with everyone on the network.
- Enable Grid model Server in the Logging settings of all the other TMC instances (vessels) on the network and point them to the server IP (the IP address of the TMC PC nominated as the Server)
- The Grid model from the Server will now be selectable as the Survey model (Grid model) and will be updated across the network.
TMC - DTM Server, Logging settings
- The Server address should be either 127.0.0.1 or Localhost
- Color will turn green if the Windows sharing settings are correct.
Sharing the Project Folder
- The TMC Project folder must be shared with the network users who are logged in on the Remote vessel.
- To avoid issues with network logins its easiest to turn OFF the password protection
- Folder sharing varies on different Windows installations and versions.
- When the Project Folder is shared on the network the Server Address will go green.
TMC - Remote Vessel, Logging settings
- The Grid Model Server address needs to be set to the IP address of the DTM Server
- The color will go green if the remote vessel has access to the Grid Model Server on the network.
NOTE: There must only be one instance of the Grid Model Server (127.0.0.1) on the network.
Adding Remote Vessels to displays
- The Vessel(s) can be added to each instance of TMC as Remote Vessels if required.
- Vessels can then be added to the Dredge/Construction layers of the 2D and 3D displays.