Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only

File failed to load

Matt Donley's profile image
Matt Donley posted 01-18-2021 14:42
I'm trying to view a couple of models in Trimble Connect for Wewb and I'm getting this error "File failed to load". Any ideas? I tried reloading several times and I get the same error.

Darshan Rajaram Kamat's profile image
Darshan Rajaram Kamat
Hi Matt,
Could you please provide the project and model details to our Support team (connect-support@trimble.com) , so that we can investigate this.

Regards
Darshan Kamat
Laura Anne Niemuth's profile image
Laura Anne Niemuth
HI Matt, 

Are the sketchup models from SketchUp 2021?

If so there is a current process required for uploading SKP 2021 files - outlined here
Matt Donley
@Laura Anne Niemuth Yes, I'm using SketchUp Pro 2021 on Windows. I uploaded them initially using the Trimble Connect Extension inside of SketchUp. I also tried Deleting them and uploading them through the Trimble Connect for Web interface. Same problem.

I took a look at the release notes and realized SketchUp 2021 compatibility only exists inside Trimble Connect Desktop for the time being. I followed the instructions, uploaded through TCDesktop, I am able to view the files on the desktop app, but I'm still getting the "file failed to load" error when I try to view them on Trimble Connect for Web.​
Laura Anne Niemuth
Hi Matt, 

If you follow the steps  you should be able to view in the web

The process is a little confusing right now - it should be:

1. Upload skp file in TCWindows (locally)
  2. After assimilation ---> upload to server
    1. The file will automatically try to be converted from the backend at this point - which is where you might be having issues
  3. Manually convert the SKP file again in TC Windows 

4. Reupload to the server. 
Matt Donley
@Laura Anne Niemuth Thanks, yes I saw your reply on the other thread. I've done this and it's still not working. Please see video below, and let me know if I'm missing a step.
Laura Anne Niemuth
Hi Matt, 

When looking at the web application - can you see how many file versions are there? It should have 2. I suspect that the file is not being uploaded the second time. 

If the file is showing only 1 version, can you try to add the file again (in TC Windows) and reupload to see if that will work?
Matt Donley
There are several versions: I had deleted it before trying to upload again in that video, I thought I'd be starting fresh but I see it still recognized it as a new version of a previous file. Let me try with a completely different file and see if that works.
Matt Donley
I just tried with a completely new file.
  1. I added it from TCWindows.
  2. I uploaded to server.
  3. I verified it appears in the file browser in TCWeb, but I still get the "File Failed to load" error.
  4. I did "retry file conversion" in TCWindows. Uploaded to server again. Checked version history in TCWeb, still shows 1 version.
  5. I "Added File" to TCWindows again. Uploaded to server. Checked version history in TCWeb, shows 2 versions, still can't view, still get "File Failed to load" error.

If I save the file to SketchUp version 2020, it works fine, so it must be due to the 2021 format.