Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

[5.70] Unable to "Publish Field Data to Project Library"

• 1.  [5.70] Unable to "Publish Field Data to Project Library"

Posted 06-07-2022 06:26
    Is anyone else have this issue?

(copied from email notice to dealer)

We are unable to "Publish Field Data to Project Library" since updating to TBC ver. 5.70, specifically the design information (whether a new or existing design results in the same error).

Two different workstation, two different user accounts, two different existing projects, all with the same results shown in the clip below.

What's even more disconcerting is that there is no explanation as to what the error might be so as to try to work around.

I then created a new project, from scratch, called TEMP.

I was able to create the "Job Site" and Project Library folder as expected so the connection to the Project Library is valid and functioning.

I created a simple rectangle and surface at elev 100 in the new project.

I was able to create the GCS/SCS design without issue, however, as you can see below, the Calibration/Control Points/Site Map (all 3 were empty) all published but the simple design would not.

It is imperative that this get fixed immediately. A large amount of high dollar/costly work definitively depends on the proper functionality of the TBC system.

Having to downgrade back to 5.60.2 is not going to be conducive to a happy customer.

Please advise as soon as possible as this is a huge issue that is currently holding up our production.

Thank you,

------------------------------
    Richard Tyndall

• 2.  RE: [5.70] Unable to "Publish Field Data to Project Library"

Posted 06-07-2022 15:15
    See my post here https://community.trimble.com/discussion/unable-to-open-the-cross-section-digitizer-570
    on how to keep old versions. That way you just use a different shortcut on the desktop.

On a simple test design it just did work for me, so that's no help for you.

Unfortunately those error message are usually no help. In those cases I always use the Microsoft Process Monitor to see what the system is doing and to narrow down where it fails. You'd need admin rights to use it and then it's still time consuming to inspect the log.

What kind of workstation are those? First time you run TBC on them?

The guys from Germany had an issue a while ago with a certain type of computers that prevented design creation for GCS900 and Earthworks.
    The manufacturers mouse driver created a file "program." in "C:\".

During the design creation TBC wants to check the design with a simulator that is hidden in it's subfolder. And for some inexplicable reason it starts with a string "C:\" and then iterates and expands that string step by step to "C:\Program Files\Trimble\Trimble Business Center\Machine Control Emulator", and while doing that it checks if that path exists.
    That file "program." directly in "C:\" lead to a premature "success" and the whole process stops/fails there.

Kudos to the guys who found that. I was looking for errors in the log. In that case it was an early/unexpected success.

Ronny Schneider

• 3.  RE: [5.70] Unable to "Publish Field Data to Project Library"

Posted 06-08-2022 12:32
    Thanks for the response Ronny. The fail was indeed at the Machine Control Emulator call per the MS Event Viewer.

Turns out that "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update" somehow got zonked when updating to 5.70. Installed that and all is well now.

Additional thanks goes to Construction Support at Trimble for coming through so quickly! We're back in business.........center. lol

@Ed Levandoski

Richard Tyndall

• 4.  RE: [5.70] Unable to "Publish Field Data to Project Library"

Posted 06-10-2022 12:19
    @Richard Tyndall

Could you explain your solution a little more... not a total computer guy - owner/operator/dyi designer here - having the same issue. Upgraded to 5.7 last night and when to make a design change on the jobsite today and getting the same error message. ​​

The "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update" what is that? where to i get it? i hope beyond that installing it is self explanitory haha

Thank you for the help!!
    - Shawn

Shawn Clawson

• 5.  RE: [5.70] Unable to "Publish Field Data to Project Library"

Posted 06-10-2022 12:36
    Hello Shawn,
    We're actually part of a larger publicly owned company with a pretty substantial IT department. ​They did the heavy lifting on the issue in conjunction with Trimble Support to come up with the fix. I watched them download the file from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=26368 . They downloaded other C++ service packs that didn't fix the issue but that one did the trick. Looked pretty cut and dry. Use this info at your own risk. ​

Hope that helps.
    Rich

Richard Tyndall

• 6.  RE: [5.70] Unable to "Publish Field Data to Project Library"

Posted 06-11-2022 09:50
    That did the trick! Greatly appreciate your help!!

Shawn Clawson

• 7.  RE: [5.70] Unable to "Publish Field Data to Project Library"

Posted 06-13-2022 05:50
    Your quite welcome. Always happy to help out a fellow user Shawn. ​

Richard Tyndall

• 8.  RE: [5.70] Unable to "Publish Field Data to Project Library"

Posted 06-08-2022 15:32
    I'm having a similar issue exporting a calibration to GCS900

Nelson Hays

• 9.  RE: [5.70] Unable to "Publish Field Data to Project Library"

Posted 06-08-2022 17:13
    Not sure if its related but I created a new site design yesterday and i had to resolve some issues with the job site manager that were never an issue before.

Shaune Dorron

• 10.  RE: [5.70] Unable to "Publish Field Data to Project Library"

Posted 06-08-2022 18:58
    It's possible that this is also an issue with the VC2008 redistributable, or one of the newer ones.
    What have you set your GCS900-controller-settings to?

With MS990 compatibility (CFG with geoid subgrid) or without (CAL with full Geoid file)?

For the geoid subgriding it also uses a rather old program in the background.

Best is to go into the windows control panel -> "programs and features" and right click+change/repair all the "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable" if that option is available.
    For the older ones, like 2008, you'll probably have to download it and run the installer again.
    Google i.e. "microsoft vs 2008 redist"

Takes 5 minutes and you can rule out that this is the issue.

You can also try to re-install the Configuration Toolbox from the TBC-Installer-Zip -> subfolder "CToolbox"

Ronny Schneider