Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

DWG import Error

• 1.  DWG import Error

Posted 03-05-2019 15:18
      |   view attached

When importing the attached .dwg file to TBC 5.1 this message error appears. Any idea why?Locks up and stays like this.

Attachment(s)

dwg
    0160165401_CSB.dwg   5.00 MB 1 version

• 2.  Re: DWG import Error

Posted 03-05-2019 15:35

I see the same issue and it is the same on the internal daily software builds from last week so we have an issue with this file. My guess is that we have seen this before - I think it relates to Splined Leader Lines or something like that  - I thought that we had addressed it but evidently not.

DO you have Civil 3D or AutoCAD in house that you can open this with - if so you may want to open it and find SPlined Leaders and not select those and re write the DWG file and see if that works.

In the meantime I have forwarded to development to take a look - if they can get the file to open - I will have them writea VCL file out and I will forward to you - failing that I can reload my AutoCAD License at the office tomorrow and try to find out what the issue is.

Alan

• 3.  Re: DWG import Error

Posted 03-05-2019 18:15

Tom

The issue is that in the file there is data with an elevation set to +1E9 or some wacky number which trips the US Feet Project importer as we convert to Feet from Metric values. Apparently if you import into a Metric project and then convert to US Feet it will work right now - we already fixed the Feet importer so that this doesn't trip - however that will be in next release - I can get a build tomorrow and import the file and send you a VCL file to work with.

I cannot do it tonight because I dont get the builds until the morning.

If you have AutoCAD then you can likely open the file, find that "Rogue Data" and fix it before import or try importing into a Metric project - just check that the data ends up at the right scale and in the right place after you jigger about with it this way

Alan