Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Line StyleManager - Export Styles

• 1.  Line StyleManager - Export Styles

Posted 09-20-2020 13:34

Is there a way to export line styles out of a TBC project? I had gone through and finely tuned a bunch of styles but it looks like the file I created got misplace or overwritten. I would rather not start from scratch if possible. 

• 2.  Re: Line StyleManager - Export Styles

Posted 09-21-2020 06:55

If you have AutoCAD you can use this: How to export linetypes from a drawing in AutoCAD | AutoCAD 2018 | Autodesk Knowledge Network 

This would be a good area for a TML or an add in. 

• 3.  RE: Line StyleManager - Export Styles

Posted 10-22-2023 18:46

I had the same thing happen and recently made a thread asking for a solution, but it appears there's still no way to do this.

------------------------------
    Brock Strand

• 4.  RE: Line StyleManager - Export Styles

Posted 10-23-2023 08:01

In TBC linestyles can only exist if you did one of the following

1) Imported a CAD file (DXF, DWG, DGN) with linestyles defined in it

2) Imported linestyles from a ACAD.LIN file (Autocad Linestyles File - can have any name) using Linestyle Manager

3) Imported from a Linetype edit file if you created a Linetype in the Linetype Editor in TBC

There may be other ways to get Linetypes into TBC but these are the main ways

To get Linetypes out of TBC is only possible if you have lines in the project that are assigned those linestyles and you export to VCL or DWG or DXF format and then you can import them into other projects - because the lines have linestyles, the linestyle definitions are carried into the project - you can then delete the lines you used to carry the linestyles.

So draw a line (polyline). Use Copy Command to make many copies of the line (or RPS Smart Copy) 

Change the linestyle on each line to a different linestyle

Export the lines to DWG or DXF or VCL format or use RPS Copy and RPS Paste to copy to clipboard and paste into new project

Import the DWG into a New Project created with your Project Template

Delete the unwanted lines

Save the Project as a Template to update your project template with the linestyles.

If you created the linestyles with the Linetype Editor then in that editor you can save the linetypes to a file - that file can be imported into any project as a Linetype File using Linestyle Manager command

If the linestyles come from AutoCAD - if you can get the ACAD.LIN file that has all of the AutoCAD linestyles in it you can import that into any TBC project - you can also find hundreds of Linestyle files on the Internet in the Autocad .LIN format that you can import using the Linestyle Manager. You can also edit those files to add your own linestyle definitions using a simple text editor.

Hope this helps

Alan Sharp
    alan.sharp@rockpilesolutions.com