Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TRIM/EXTEND & Select by Layer or Similar Issue [5.30]

• 1.  TRIM/EXTEND & Select by Layer or Similar Issue [5.30]

Posted 05-08-2020 14:45
      |   view attached

I'm trying to trim the green lines to the blue line, and extend the green line to the white baseline as shown below (first 3 between 0+00 & 0+10). Usually this is a very quick task using the TRIM/EXTEND LINES command with the "Multiple lines to bounding lines" option with the "select by layer" or "select similar" selection method. However, the selection set is lost when you go back to the command. Wasn't there previously an "OK" or "Apply" button at the bottom of the layer selection screen? Unfortunately, I now have to do each line individually to finish which is disappointing to say the least. Note: the command line helps but it's no where near as convenient as being able to select multiple lines by layer or similarity. File attached.

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: TRIM/EXTEND & Select by Layer or Similar Issue [5.30]

Posted 05-09-2020 09:13

I wil take a look richard 

It seems like the command refactoring that was done for the command line use has screwed those commands up somewhat for production work - i will discuss with dev this week

Alan

• 3.  Re: TRIM/EXTEND & Select by Layer or Similar Issue [5.30]

Posted 05-11-2020 12:43

I have reviewed this one and submitted a defect to Trimble - all the Select Options are broken in TBC v5.3 - Elevation, Similar and Layer are all not holding the selection that you made.

Alan