Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Why is my takeoff report not generating an original ground surface based on the contours I categorized in the "Orignal" tab?

• 1.  Why is my takeoff report not generating an original ground surface based on the contours I categorized in the "Orignal" tab?

Posted 08-14-2020 07:21

I'm attempting to create a takeoff report and I believe that I have everything set up correctly, however, the original ground surface is not being built off of the contours I've given it. All of the site improvement quantities are being generated but the mass earthwork quantities are coming up as zero because the original surface is not being built. Is there something I need to do different for this to work?

P.S. The contours I'm trying to use were generated off a surface that I received from an engineer so I was not directly given the contours I want to use for the original ground surface. I'm not sure if this makes a difference.

• 2.  Re: Why is my takeoff report not generating an original ground surface based on the contours I categorized in the "Orignal" tab?

Posted 08-14-2020 08:00

Is it because my contours are polylines and not linestrings?

• 3.  Re: Why is my takeoff report not generating an original ground surface based on the contours I categorized in the "Orignal" tab?

Posted 08-14-2020 09:21

You can click on the surface provided by the engineer and do "Surface members" and then add it to your original ground surface that was generated with the takeoff function. Can you share your project?

• 4.  Re: Why is my takeoff report not generating an original ground surface based on the contours I categorized in the "Orignal" tab?

Posted 08-14-2020 10:48

Some times the lines are blocks, need to explode de block before add the lines as surface members.

• 5.  Re: Why is my takeoff report not generating an original ground surface based on the contours I categorized in the "Orignal" tab?

Posted 08-14-2020 11:30

Try using Convert to Linestring to make them Linestrings - are you running v5.30 as there was a bug relating to this that was addressed in 5.31. The post was made a few weeks ago - I will see if I can find it as a reference.

Alan