Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Georeferencing Vector PDFs TBC v5.10

• 1.  Georeferencing Vector PDFs TBC v5.10

Posted 10-12-2019 11:50

Is anyone else having issues either A) Importing PDFs as PDFs (not sheets) with TBC freezing up and becoming unresponsive or B) TBC completely freezing up and becoming unresponsive as soon as you georeference a PDF?

I am currently using TBC v5.10. At first I thought maybe it was a corrupt drawing or something (was also having issues with TBC freezing up when trying to turn on georeferenced PDFs), then I tried georeferencing a PDF into a blank new drawing with absolutely nothing in it. As soon as I clicked "register" it freezes up. When you look at the drawing status in Task Manager, it shows it eating up roughly 1/4 of my CPU and sometimes about 1/2 of my memory and as "unresponsive".

The PDFs that I am importing are vector PDFs.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

• 2.  Re: Georeferencing Vector PDFs TBC v5.10

Posted 10-12-2019 21:20

I regularly use PDF imports and always register the same to a Georeference.

I have had no problems.

Check, may be the PDF is a scanned PDF. Zoom in on a small area to verify

if it withstands such zooming, like 5000%. Scanned PDF can have problems of

the kind you explain.

On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 10:50 PM k.byron@ttesconsulting.ca <

• 3.  Re: Georeferencing Vector PDFs TBC v5.10

Posted 10-13-2019 16:48

Hey Katie,

Whenever I see that kind of behavior in the Task Manager from software I try a couple of things:

1) Re-install using Administrator Privileges. Right-click on the .exe file make sure you are running the install as admin.

2) Check that your graphics driver is up to date. You can check this in the Windows Device Manager under Display Adapters. I always do a quick internet search for the specific model of graphics card I have to see if there are any new drivers and update. This is a good troubleshooting tip for most CAD software out there!

These are the first things that popped into my head, but give it a go!

Cheers,

Riley

• 4.  Re: Georeferencing Vector PDFs TBC v5.10

Posted 11-01-2019 08:43

Thanks Riley! I will give it a go when things slow down bit. My quick work around that day was to save the pdf as a tiff image and then georeference the image. It doesn't look as pretty but is better than nothing to help with the workflow pace. For some reason it didn't have any problems with the image. With that being said, you are right, could be a graphics driver issue.

Thank you again!

Katie