Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a way to create a custom table?

• 1.  Is there a way to create a custom table?

Posted 07-04-2019 07:42

I know I can create a table for points, polygons, and lines. But what about when I want to create a table with different information to display in TBC for plotting purposes as part of a planview? For instance Cut/Fill Volumes and Areas together for multiple AOI's. I know I could just do 1 or 2 text objects with the information, and then create my own table lines. In fact, the fastest way I have found so far is doing the table in excel, grabbing a screen shot, and then inserting the image into TBC. I was just hoping there was a faster and cleaner way to do this. 

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to create a custom table?

Posted 07-08-2019 14:02

Elaine

Part of your challenge is where the data resides.  The Takeoff data is generated in a report, typically not a property of any object.  Typically, tables are generated from object properties.  So it sounds like, to me, you have found the quickest routine.

You may take a look a this link https://community.trimble.com/docs/DOC-25485-bc-hce-smart-text-codespdf  .  @Alan Sharp also covered how to use Smart Text options for showing alternate units (Acres, yds, ft, inches...) and calculating costs.  I'm not sure how much Takeoff data (AOI based) information is available through Smart Text, but worth a look.

Try a Smart Text search @Alan Sharp may have a video on this from PUG.

• 3.  Re: Is there a way to create a custom table?

Posted 07-09-2019 10:26

This is Alan's link to Smart Text Training Material Download.. FYI.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t0QrXWSJ9RaMwzjt9Xn9KsDu95RLC4hQ/view

• 4.  Re: Is there a way to create a custom table?

Posted 07-09-2019 12:15

Elaine

Would be good to see some examples of the tables that you are creating in Excel - to see the types of data that you want to place on the drawings in Tables - I would likely do the Image approach also today with the tools that we have - however you could build Tables using CAD lines and smart text and then save them out as VCL files or as Blocks and then import them to a project as needed - the Smart Text would always need to be re referenced to the objects that deliver the values needed (Areas, Lengths, Volumes, Surfaces etc.) but having a standard layout would be easy to create and reuse - but would require some editing each time you deploy it. Again if you can share an example - I will try to create some examples that you could use that would dynamically link to project data.

Alan

• 5.  RE: Is there a way to create a custom table?

Posted 09-27-2023 20:27

Creating custom tables with specific information for plotting purposes in Trimble Business Center (TBC) can be a bit tricky. While you can use text objects and manually draw table lines, it might not be the most efficient method. Using Excel and inserting an image is a workaround, but it's not as integrated.

------------------------------
    roy Ishita
    ------------------------------