Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TBC-HCE Corridor Template Library

• 1.  TBC-HCE Corridor Template Library

Posted 11-20-2018 12:46

Was wondering if any one was aware of if there was a feature inside of TBC-HCE or the new TBC 5.0 that allowed you to create a "Template Shape" Library similar to what Teremodel had? I'm loving the corridor features that are included but would love to be able to build a standard library of curbs, walls, and systems that are common in my state. Does anyone know if that is either already there? Or perhaps in the works? #tbccorridor #teramodel #libraries ##corridortemplate 

• 2.  Re: TBC-HCE Corridor Template Library

Posted 11-20-2018 14:31

I agree with you Cameron that would be a great feature to be able to have standard templates stored/comes with the installation of TBC that are according to where you’re working in the world. Because the DOTs of the world usually have a handful of standard templates they use when they do designs, I’m guessing right now and referring to where I work (Sweden). It would then also be nice with a small thumbnail also so you could get a preview of what the template looks like, right?

Anyways to your question, right now you could save your template as a xml file but if you associate your template to a surface/surfaces and then import this xml file in a different project then you’ll probably get error messages. The solution would be to reference the correct surface in this new project or rename the surface to match the templates.

• 3.  Re: TBC-HCE Corridor Template Library

Posted 11-21-2018 08:25

Thanks for the reply! You are quite correct about the standards, here in the Midwestern states (most of my models are for Illinois) we have numerous amounts of standards that would be great to have a library built in for. 

I think that I can actually make some things using the methods you listed above and store them locally, then import when needed, this is actually and pretty great idea. Thanks for sharing! 

• 4.  Re: TBC-HCE Corridor Template Library

Posted 11-20-2018 18:34

With the New Create Sideslope command that is also possible to create municipality standard Templates for Left and Right side for standard Curb and Sidewalk or Gully or barrier or other type of sectional pieces and then you can apply those to any linestring e.g to create Curb Offset lines etc on Subdivisions or Trench Templates etc. While today we dont have Thumbnail support or the ability to have one template and apply it to Left or Right side (and have it flip the instructions for you) with decent naming conventions this does work well. Same for Corridors but as Joe states if you have Reference Lines or 2D Lines or Tie Slopes to named surfaces you cannot simply reuse the template without directing the template to the correct equivalent features first.

I hear you loud and clear though for sure.

Alan

• 5.  Re: TBC-HCE Corridor Template Library

Posted 11-21-2018 08:38

Alan,

Thanks for the response, I was testing out the side slope's and even the conditional's, they have come a long way, and seems like there has been a lot of steps in the right directions. I'm excited to see what else comes along down the road. 5.0 has been a great time so far. 

Thanks again,

Cameron