Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Export to Google Earth out of TBC

• 1.  Export to Google Earth out of TBC

Posted 03-11-2020 08:23

Is there a way to select what you want to include in the export to GE to be available for display. The current default appears to be the point name, N&E ordinates and the elevation. I wan to include the feature code too. How?
    I'd like to display only the point name and the code in Google Earth. I do not see any dialogue box or other place to gain access to set the options for what to export to GE. Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Export to Google Earth out of TBC

Posted 04-27-2021 21:37
    I'm interested in this feature aswell

------------------------------
    Jorge Garcia

• 3.  RE: Export to Google Earth out of TBC

Posted 05-04-2021 21:13
    Hey Jesse, 

I apologize for the delay, I've been on PTO the last week and just getting back to the community today. 

As far as the direct export to GE, I don't think there are any user defined options at this time outside of what you've mentioned.  

You can however export a shapefile under the GIS exports with the user defined options you're looking for. 

Drag and drop the resulting .shp file into GE and select yes to create a style template.

Select Create New Template.

Under the Name tab select the drop down next to "set name field" and change to Name and select OK. 

The file is imported into the project with the user defined settings. You can then save the resulting imported data to a KMZ or KML if needed. 

Let me know if this is what you're looking for or if you have any other questions. 

Regards,

Shane Lyons

Shane Lyons

• 4.  RE: Export to Google Earth out of TBC

Posted 05-07-2021 16:07
    shane, well done sir.

john west