Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Having Trouble opening Windows Mobile Device Center in Windows 10

• 1.  Having Trouble opening Windows Mobile Device Center in Windows 10

Posted 02-13-2019 01:51

I recently bought a new laptop that is using windows 10. My previous Laptop was using windows 7, the windows Mobile device center worked well in windows and i was able to download data from the TSC 3. However in windows 10 the WMDC is not opening. 

• 2.  Re: Having Trouble opening Windows Mobile Device Center in Windows 10

Posted 02-13-2019 12:42

Hello:

This is the solution from Trimble support:

"The last Windows 10 update screwed up the connection of Windows Mobile devices to Windows Mobile device center (WMDC). Here’s the work around, it’s not perfect but it does work most of the time.

The user must have admin rights on the workstation this being applied to.

Download ftp://support:support@ftp.cansel.ca/uploads/WMDC-Helper.exe , run it as the administrator. Reboot the computer after running.

NOTE: With this fix, you will have to start WMDC manually before connecting the device via USB cable. Once WMDC is open, showing Not connected, connect the device via USB and device will connect."

Also make sure that on the TSC3 under Windows Start – Settings – Connection – USB to PC  - check box should not be selected

• 3.  Re: Having Trouble opening Windows Mobile Device Center in Windows 10

Posted 04-22-2020 10:05

Hi Juan, 

Any experience with using a Windows 10 PC to remotely login to a Windows 7 PC?  The Windows 7 PC has Trimble Geo 6000 connected and on, and normally, once connected and on, the WMDC automatically opens and connects with the GPS.  However, when attempting to login remotely using a Windows 10 PC, the connection in WMDC does not work.  Know of any solutions for this?

Thank you,

Susan

• 4.  Re: Having Trouble opening Windows Mobile Device Center in Windows 10

Posted 04-23-2020 09:49

Sorry Susan, I do not have experience working remotely.

• 5.  Re: Having Trouble opening Windows Mobile Device Center in Windows 10

Posted 02-14-2019 15:42