Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Show/Hide Category in Filter Settings

• 1.  Show/Hide Category in Filter Settings

Posted 12-10-2018 06:35

I'm having issues on using the show/hide category in the Advanced View Filter Settings. I'm trying to show and hide certain layer groups on specific filters but each time I hit apply/OK on the settings window, it completely hides everything else except the surface and Georeferenced image. Not sure if i'm missing something here. 

• 2.  Re: Show/Hide Category in Filter Settings

Posted 12-10-2018 09:31

Are you "Right Clicking" and selecting Show / Hide Category or are you clicking in the Check Box - Use the former not the latter as the Check Box will hide all of the types of data in that Category. If you just want to eliminate the Category from the VFM then Right Click and Show / Hide Category - the View Filter Icon next to the selected categor eill go light grey when you do this

Alan

• 3.  Re: Show/Hide Category in Filter Settings

Posted 12-10-2018 11:05

I exactly do what you did by right click on the layer category and select show/hide category. But each time (didn't matter how many of the layer groups I hide), it hides everything except the surface and georeferenced image. Could there be other settings somewhere that could've caused this not to work for me? 

• 4.  Re: Show/Hide Category in Filter Settings

Posted 12-10-2018 12:37

As we discussed on the phone, you cannot currently turn individual Layer Groups on and off in the View Filter Manager (Advanced Settings). You can do ALL LAYERS (no Matter what group) On / Off and the other categories like CAD, Photogrammetry etc. but Not Layer Groups.

I have already got a request into Development to allow Layer Groups to be turned Off in the VFM based on View Filter as you are trying to do here as it would give us shorter lists of Layers / Groups to work with, however that is currently unsupported capability.

Alan

• 5.  Re: Show/Hide Category in Filter Settings

Posted 12-10-2018 12:38

Thanks Alan. Looking forward for this feature.