Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Feature Defination Manager not opening

• 1.  Feature Defination Manager not opening

Posted 03-27-2019 06:10

I am trying to set up a feature code library to use for my projects. When I clicking on the Feature Definition Manager command it shows the blue spinning wheel like it's loading but then never opens anything and the loading wheel goes away. I have tried resting my computer several times now and it is still is not opening anything. I also tried importing the Feature Library that comes with business center to see it would open the command and let my edit the library but still nothing.

• 2.  Re: Feature Defination Manager not opening

Posted 03-27-2019 06:59

Can you open it using the Windows Key - scroll down to Trimble Office, and then run it from there - Feature Definition Manager - if it will not run from there either then it is not installed correctly on your PC

I had this issue myself a while ago and I had to do a complete de-install, cleanup Utility to scrub the machine - Re-install to get it to work - for some reason the component did not install correctly on my PC

If you have done all of those things, and it wont work from inside the software or as a stand alone utility then I may have to get someone from support to help here as I don't know what the fix is other than the above

Let me know how you get on

Alan

• 3.  Re: Feature Defination Manager not opening

Posted 03-27-2019 10:52

Alan,   

I have un-installed and re-installed TBC and it still wont work. I am not sure what you mean by "cleanup Utility to scrub the machine" could you please explain it more to me? Or have some reach out to me.

• 4.  Re: Feature Defination Manager not opening

Posted 03-27-2019 11:03

The TBC Cleanup Utility will scrub your Machine 100% for all TBC Related Files and the registry for all TBC Settings

Make sure that you backup any custom Menus, Import Formats, Project Templates, Options Settings etc in a Non TBC Related Folder on your PC so you can restore them quickly later in this process.

Use Control Panel to De - install TBC and I would also deinstall the following as well

1. SCS Data Manager
    2. Office Synchronizer
    3. Feature Definition Manager
    4. Coordinate System Manager

Then you should run the TBC Clean Up Utility - You can download it from this Forum at this link

Click Here to Access TBC Cleanup Utility

Now you have scrubbed your machine - do a Clean Installation of TBC

Hopefully through this process you will fix your issue and Feature Definition Manager will run again

Alan

• 5.  Re: Feature Defination Manager not opening

Posted 03-27-2019 11:56

Thank you for getting back to as soon as you did I was able to do all those steps and now everything is working like it should.

• 6.  Re: Feature Defination Manager not opening

Posted 03-27-2019 16:42

Awesome - glad I could help

Alan

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 12:56 PM nathan@stlaurentandson.com <