Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Can someone from Trimble or a TBC Survey guru answer this?

• 1.  Can someone from Trimble or a TBC Survey guru answer this?

Posted 06-19-2019 15:31

So I have crews that shoot things like utility poles or light poles several different ways, one crew shoots them reflectorless, another shoots them reflectorless with a prism offset to get the center of the pole, another puts the rod right up against the pole, and yet another will take 2 shots say 2' on either side of the pole and then average the point. I don't have a problem with any of these methods. However when I bring the job file with the "averaged" points into TBC it gets treated as a meaned angle which throws error flags which cause me problems when doing a network adjustment. Is there something I could do field wise or in TBC to resolve this? I assume I can tell the crew to use "store another" instead of "average" and average it myself in TBC but is there something I can do in TBC?, I currently have a project with about 75 of these types of points. Exploding them doesn't help as I get 2 points only a hundredth or two apart and still have a meaned angle. 

• 2.  Re: Can someone from Trimble or a TBC Survey guru answer this?

Posted 06-19-2019 23:54

could you not disable these for net works adjust? the other method is to use the circular point ( I think its called in access), simple HA to both sides and it swings to the centre- use DR very quick , or use distance offset if using the pole/rod