Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Daylight sideslope down a cut through a hill

• 1.  Daylight sideslope down a cut through a hill

Posted 01-30-2019 18:00
      |   view attached

Hi, 

I am looking for a way to daylight a cut through a hill instead of having the side slope go up to the top of the hill. I included a screencapture of what the slope is doing and the red line is the concept I am going for.

Thanks,

-Buck

• 2.  Re: Daylight sideslope down a cut through a hill

Posted 01-31-2019 08:53

Buck: If I understand what you need correctly I think that you could do this with a Surface Tie from the LT SHLD line to the bank on the opposite side.

Surfaces Tab - Create - Surface Tie

Marshall

• 3.  Re: Daylight sideslope down a cut through a hill

Posted 02-04-2019 05:53

I think what you want is to use a conditional instruction type. I have used this before in similar situations and it works very well.

• 4.  Re: Daylight sideslope down a cut through a hill

Posted 02-04-2019 07:59

In Project Settings under Corridor Computation Settings you can select Honor Sign of Tie Slope - this allows you to enter a Positive or Negative value for a Cut or Fill Slope - note however that if you change this "Mid Project" that you have to go through all Slope elements and change the signs to make this work. When you have this value set you can define a Negative Cut Slope (downward cut) to take off the top of the hill - when you apply this you would need to do a Cut Slope to intercept the Existing once, and then maybe project 1' inside the hill and then do another Cut Slope to intercept the Existing again to take the hilltop off.

Alan

• 5.  Re: Daylight sideslope down a cut through a hill

Posted 02-11-2019 11:37

Alan,

Thank you. That was exactly the answer I was hoping for. 

-Buck

• 6.  Re: Daylight sideslope down a cut through a hill

Posted 02-04-2019 07:59

You can do this also with Conditionals - but they are a little trickier to manage

Alan