Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

way to export to .JXL when I have GC points but no calibration file

• 1.  way to export to .JXL when I have GC points but no calibration file

Posted 08-23-2019 07:48
      |   view attached

I'm very new to TBC and have only used it in conjunction with Trimble Stratus to process my drone survey flights. Normally I just retrieve the .cal file from one of our guys Trimble rovers and convert that to a .JXL in TBC, however, my company isn't always the one contracted to calibrate the job site which has lead to issues requesting calibration files from other companies.

I've attached a PDF showing GPS data I'm able to collect with the Propeller Aeropoint GC's that I've been utilizing with Trimble Stratus. Is it possible to manually enter this data into TBC in a way that's exportable to .JXL? In the attached example I was able to put one of the GC's on a point whose coordinates I confirmed in the field with the surveying company but they insisted they had no calibration files they could provide me with which lead to this issue.

Trimble Stratus requires a .JXL be uploaded alongside my drones photos and GC data in order to begin processing so I'm trying to figure out a way to handle this all in-house when I'm not able to get what I need from my own guys.

I'd appreciate any guidance or resources anyone could provide.

Thank you.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    Gaithersburg, MD copy_.pdf   838 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: way to export to .JXL when I have GC points but no calibration file

Posted 08-23-2019 16:33

I can give you a quick answer tonight and then give you the workflow next week once I have had a chance to run through this data specifically to test it out - apologies I cannot do the detailed answer now 

You can Create Points in TBC using the Grid Coordinate provided and then a second set of points for the LLH values provided. You can the do a Site Calibration between the pairs of Grid Points and LLH points to compute the Ste Calibration, ad you can also select the Coordinate System shown in your PDF File (Use Change Coordinate System). The Site Calibration can be exported to a Trimble Field Software Exporter (XML) (JXL Format) using TBCs Export command. In order to Export the data you need to select at least one point in the project for it to transfer the Site Calibration information. You can also do the same to a DC or a CAL file as Access can also use those formats too.

Use the Create Point Command to enter the Grid Coordinates 

Use the Create Point command to enter the Global Coordinates in Lat, Long, Height format

Use the Change Coodinate System Command to enter the Projection and Datum information

Use the Site Calibration Command to create the Site Calibration (Localization of the projection and Datum selected)

Use the Export command to create the JXL file for Access

You should be good to go - if you get it working please let me know so I dont have to create you a video next week - happy to do that just save time if I don't need to do it,.

Let me know how you get on.

Alan

• 3.  Re: way to export to .JXL when I have GC points but no calibration file

Posted 08-26-2019 10:51

I just recorded this video to capture the workflow for you to compute out a Site Calibration that can be used with either Trimble Access, Trimble SCS900 / Siteworks or Trimble GCS900 / Earthworks.

Hope that this helps - let me know if not

Alan

• 4.  RE: Re: way to export to .JXL when I have GC points but no calibration file

Posted 09-22-2021 05:38
    Hi @Alan Sharp
    I kind of have the same issue as John so if you can share please the workflow on how to perform the site calibration will be nice and helpful. Thank you​

------------------------------
    Andrei Oiste
    ------------------------------