Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Replacement For SPS930?

• 1.  Replacement For SPS930?

Posted 04-07-2020 09:10

Any hints as to when we might see an updated version (or replacement) for the SPS930? How about an SX10 style instrument? The current SPS series is about 12 years old and in the field the expectations for scanning, layout, as-builts etc have exceeded what these guns can do.

The SX10 would be ideal except for one (major) flaw. You are required to use Trimble Access. Siteworks and Access don't play well together .

• 2.  Re: Replacement For SPS930?

Posted 04-10-2020 17:52

I have forwarded to the Trimble Product Manager for comment

Alan

• 3.  Re: Replacement For SPS930?

Posted 04-13-2020 07:10

We are working towards a replacement for the the SPS total stations but cannot comment on any timing. I would like to also point out that a major hurdle of the SX10 is the inability to support machine control.

• 4.  Re: Replacement For SPS930?

Posted 04-13-2020 08:47

Chris: Thanks for the reply. I hope it is sooner rather than later as it is getting very hard to justify purchase of 12+ year old tech.

The SX10 may not support machine control but everything else about the unit is awesome for construction (except using Access). Personally, I almost never use an SPS gun for grade control. When we need that accuracy then we rent it for the (short) time that it is needed for ‘fine’ work. GCS900/Earthworks takes care of the rest.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Marshall

• 5.  Re: Replacement For SPS930?

Posted 11-05-2020 14:56

Bought an S7. Have to use Access (brutal) to unlock advanced features but it works with SCS900/Siteworks for day-to-day work.

MCC