Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a setting that can be changed to get the Corridor Earthwork Report to properly account for a station equation?

• 1.  Is there a setting that can be changed to get the Corridor Earthwork Report to properly account for a station equation?

Posted 12-18-2018 09:37
      |   view attached

In the project I am currently using, the alignment has one station equation that is at 489+89.947 BK and 491+74.083 AH.  With the station equation accounted for, the total station range for the project is 479+00:1 to 506+00:2.  When the Corridor Earthwork report is processed the total station range is from 14+89.95:1 to 506+00:2; instead of 479+00:1 to 506+00:2.  There is an additional 46,400 feet being used in the calculations and causes erroneous data. I have tried various beginning station ranges in the report and each time it starts at station 14+89.95:1.  It appears as if the beginning station being selected is the BK station manipulated with the number 1 in front.  I have worked around this by processing the report per zone.  This produces the correct numbers, but two separate reports.  I would prefer to have one concise report.

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: Is there a setting that can be changed to get the Corridor Earthwork Report to properly account for a station equation?

Posted 12-19-2018 19:31

Could you share your VCE file so the team can look at this tomorrow - I apologize but I have run out of time this week and I am heading out on PTO tomorrow so I cannot get to this till I get back. I have asked Tim and Gary to take a look at the question and see if they can reproduce it - if you have the data that would be handy rather than having to create a test case that may not match your data correctly.

Please share the file here or send it to Tim McClannahan directly (tim_mcclannahan@trimble.com)

Thanks

Alan

• 3.  Re: Is there a setting that can be changed to get the Corridor Earthwork Report to properly account for a station equation?

Posted 12-20-2018 16:43

Looks like we broke this in a previous release.  I have created an issue to fix this for the next release.  The work around is to run the report in two sections as you have indicated.

Thanks

tim