Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TBC- identify areas of OG surface by slope range

• 1.  TBC- identify areas of OG surface by slope range

Posted 08-21-2019 12:50

I'm performing a takeoff for a job that requires regrading the existing slopes of a canal if they are steeper than 2H:1V. The canal is a little over a mile long and I'm hoping there is an easier way to check the slopes than using surface slicer every few feet. 

Ideally I would like to be able to create a heat map that only highlights my specific slope ranges. Is there an existing command or work around that could help achieve this?

• 2.  Re: TBC- identify areas of OG surface by slope range

Posted 08-21-2019 13:38

Edit the properties of the surface to shade only by a specific slope range.

• 3.  Re: TBC- identify areas of OG surface by slope range

Posted 08-21-2019 13:44

In the properties of the surface, at the bottom of the first section "Surface", there is a property "Shade by slope range:" that defaults to "No".  Select "Yes" and enter the desired slope range.  Then make sure the surface is visible in the view of your choice.

Slope Range Shading

• 4.  Re: TBC- identify areas of OG surface by slope range

Posted 08-21-2019 18:26

If you need several slope ranges shaded then create copies of the surface and use different slope ranges on each copy of the surface - if the surface is made from Points and Lines you don't need to copy the points and lines - just create surfaces using the same surface members and then apply the different properties

Alan