Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Time point was surveyed.

• 1.  Time point was surveyed.

Posted 03-22-2021 09:25
    Anybody know how to export the time that points were surveyed. I used my Trimble S3 and now its important to know the hour/min/sec that the point was surveyed.

------------------------------
    Andrew Newmarch

• 2.  RE: Time point was surveyed.

Posted 03-22-2021 09:48
    Not sure if/how you can export the time surveyed however if you go into Point Manager and scroll to the right, it should say the date and time it was measured.

Jody Savage

• 3.  RE: Time point was surveyed.

Posted 03-22-2021 10:51

Hi Jody ,
    I had another look. if the point was from GNSS they you can pull out the time . If its from a conventional Trimble instrument then this info is not available. I remember trying to do this about 10 years ago. Was hoping this would have been fixed by now.

Andrew Newmarch

• 4.  RE: Time point was surveyed.

Posted 03-22-2021 12:27
    If you are looking at the data in TBC, look a the observation rather than the point. Under Observed data in properties there should be a Time stamp field. Here is some data from a VX:

James McWha

• 5.  RE: Time point was surveyed.

Posted 03-22-2021 13:49

I can only get the following with TBC 3.03
    I can get time data as long as the point was surveyed with GNSS . If it's any of the Trimble S series instruments, then no time stamp info is available.

Just looking at the same data  on the survey controller – no time information is available for any of the points.

I don't think it's possible to time stamp individual surveyed points from any of the S series instruments.

Andrew Newmarch

• 6.  RE: Time point was surveyed.

Posted 03-22-2021 20:35
    Hello Andrew,
    TBC 3.03 is pretty old, we are at 5.40 by now, so it might just be a limitation of that old version.

If you use Trimble Access, or even the old Survey Controller, and you export the data as JXL, you can see the time stamp for every single observation.

With the ASCII file generator and the right style sheet you can export pretty much everything from the JXL/JOB file. Unfortunately I haven't one with the time at the ready right now.

Ronny Schneider

• 7.  RE: Time point was surveyed.

Posted 03-24-2021 10:34

Hi Ronny ,
    I only got a copy of TBC many years ago because Trimble Geomatics office stopped doing the GNSS processing . Trimble wouldent fix the problem.
    I often use TGO as its just a lot easier to use. If I have any post processing of GNSS data then I use TBC. Generally, I don't find many new groundbreaking inventions in these new software updates.
    Some cosmetic changes / fix some things and break other things / Move the menus around and make you go through a learning curve to get up and running. Also, compatibility problems with new file formats. Not to mention the high cost.

It's just easier to not constantly be chasing the latest software versions

Andrew Newmarch

• 8.  RE: Time point was surveyed.

Posted 03-23-2021 07:07
    Time storage isn't based on what instrument is used, it is based upon what version or Trimble Access/Survey Controller you are using. It was added maybe 8-10 years ago. I don't recall exactly when. It uses the clock on the data collector.

Dave Olander

• 9.  RE: Time point was surveyed.

Posted 03-23-2021 08:59
    Not sure how it work.  The FXL codes has a attribute for date and time stamp.  Maybe someone can chime in on this.

Francisco Guerrero

• 10.  RE: Time point was surveyed.

Posted 03-24-2021 09:17
    Hi Andrew,

Download this style sheet into your "systems" folder on your DC https://trl.trimble.com/dscgi/ds.py/Get/File-720086/Comma%20delimited%20with%20HA,VA,SD,time,date.zip

With Trimble Access you will have an option to export your points with a time stamp. Keep in mind the time stamp will be related to the time set on your DC.   I hope this helps.

Brandon Elia

• 11.  RE: Time point was surveyed.

Posted 03-24-2021 09:48
    Brandon , you are a star. I  have just managed to export a job with time data.
    A few years ago , we had given up on the idea . I was thinking this was probably only somthing that Leica had perfected.
    Thank you verry much.

Andrew Newmarch

• 12.  RE: Time point was surveyed.

Posted 03-25-2021 05:57
    Glad that worked for you.   I found Trimble can create just about any report or export I need by either using TBC or one of the many style sheets downloaded from the web.

Brandon Elia