Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to export a 2D or 3D surface model colourised by elevation to CAD ???

• 1.  How to export a 2D or 3D surface model colourised by elevation to CAD ???

Posted 04-19-2021 07:25
      |   view attached
    I am struggling to find a way of exporting a surface model colourised by elevation to CAD... is anyone able to help me with this please?
    I can change in the surface properties option: shading by elevation to see a nice surface model I need. But when exporting and opening in CAD - it is not colourised by elevation - it comes as one solid colour.
    I understand the problem comes because in the surface properies I must choose a colour, but there is no option like colourised by elevation....

------------------------------
    Slawek Sadowski

• 2.  RE: How to export a 2D or 3D surface model colourised by elevation to CAD ???

Posted 04-19-2021 23:59
    I dont believe this is possible, And unless i am mistaken you cannot shade by elevation in acad?

• 3.  RE: How to export a 2D or 3D surface model colourised by elevation to CAD ???

Posted 04-20-2021 00:31
    Do you know if there is any other format extension you can use to export surface model shading/colourised by elevation?

Slawek Sadowski

• 4.  RE: How to export a 2D or 3D surface model colourised by elevation to CAD ???

Posted 04-20-2021 09:18
    Hey Slawek, 

This would need to be a setting inside of Civil 3D.  I believe this can be done, but haven't actually tested myself.

Below is a link to a video and a community post from with a few steps to shade by range in Civil 3D. 

Video: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/civil-3d/learn-explore/caas/screencast/Main/Details/b2b35ec0-60b4-430c-a836-9ced3753c076.html

Community Post: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d-forum/shading-surface/td-p/4955138

Let me know if this resolves the issue. 

Regards,

Shane Lyons

Shane Lyons