Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Lineweight doesn't display correctly on PDF from plotbox

• 1.  Lineweight doesn't display correctly on PDF from plotbox

Posted 10-22-2020 08:27

Have being trying to print to PDF from TBC v5.3 using a plotbox, but whenever I do my lineweights do not display correctly on the PDF they are all thick to the point that the contours are almost pushed together. I am fairly new to the office side of survey, and therefore this program, I spent many years in the field. I'm not sure if I am missing a setting or not, I primarily use it to display asbuilt contours from stormwater management ponds over laid on the original drawing that I imported into TBC, then I can quickly email the comparison over to our engineer for review and stamp. I saw another thread on the scaling issue from v5.1 but nothing about the lineweight issue, if someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. #plotbox #lineweight #printtopdf 

• 2.  Re: Lineweight doesn't display correctly on PDF from plotbox

Posted 10-22-2020 19:12

There was an issue with Lineweight scaling in 5.2 and earlier but we rectified it in 5.3x I believe. If you have issues send me the file and I will take a look if it is still not working in 5.3x.

Alan

• 3.  Re: Lineweight doesn't display correctly on PDF from plotbox

Posted 10-29-2020 06:19

I've found that different pdf print drivers scale lineweights differently.  For example, the standard pdf creator I use requires a 0.50mm weight to plot a decent thick border line, but that same line created with pdf driver built in to TBC creates a line that looks as thin as all the others and I need to bump it up to like 0.90mm.  I would try creating a sample to printout with lines at all the various lineweights and see if any of them are what you want.  If the thinnest lineweights are also showing up very thick then my only other suggestion is try a different pdf driver.  I use PDFCreator – free pdf converter, create & merge PDF files  but there are plenty others too.  Good luck.