Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Repeating Point Codes in Exported CSV

• 1.  Repeating Point Codes in Exported CSV

Posted 10-28-2020 09:51
      |   view attached

Hello,

Some of our surveyors are experiencing an issue opening a linked file for one of our main TBC's. Upon further investigation, it seems that when a CSV is exported, random point codes will duplicate many times over (see attachment)

This is causing an error on our survey controllers, when I deleted the long duplicated text strings, everything worked fine. When in TBC: The point codes look normal when I select the points that are showing duplicated text in the CSV. 

Any ideas on how to fix this? Points on different layers are having this issue, it is not specific to one certain layer.

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Repeating Point Codes in Exported CSV

Posted 11-02-2020 14:01

Hi Jarek, 

Does this happen when you use the custom CSV exporter? If yes, would you describe the steps in details so we can try to reproduce the issue? If convenient, you can record the screen with audio so we can watch your operations.

Thank you.
    Rui

• 3.  Re: Repeating Point Codes in Exported CSV

Posted 11-03-2020 15:57

Much appreciated! Here are videos of the process using the Custom CSV exporter. 

• 4.  Re: Repeating Point Codes in Exported CSV

Posted 11-04-2020 11:12

Hi Jarek,

Thank you for the videos, they are very helpful.

This is a very odd behavior and I don't have a clue what could be the cause. Would you mind sending this dataset to rui_wu@trimble.com, so we can take a closer look?

Thank you.

Rui

• 5.  Re: Repeating Point Codes in Exported CSV

Posted 11-23-2020 08:20

Some of our Surveyors have been experiencing an issue opening a linked file for the HES Base TBC. Upon further investigation, it seems that when a CSV is exported, random point codes will duplicate many times over.  This is what was causing the error on the controllers. When the long duplicated text strings were deleted in Excel, everything worked fine. This is not an ideal fix as the root issue still remains.

I’ve reached out to Trimble on the forums, a product manager had me send some screen recordings of the issues, and the dataset to her team. They’ve found a quick fix, which requires deleting the feature code and pasting back into TBC. This did work for some of the points.

Here are some additional issues and what I did to fix them:

Almost every point that had a “# character” in it, was duplicated in the CSV. To fix this issue we will need to use the Number followed by the Number Sign, when entering the information into the survey controller. Ex. FRB / 5#, FRB / 4#, FRB / 7#. We have actually decided as a company to not use the # sign in the point codes anymore, it causes additional issues further down the line in our CAD Work. 

This next issue doesn’t show up as often, it seems random as we have many points entered this way and only some of them cause duplication.

The fix:      While entering data into the controller use a space between LS or ND and the Surveyor Number (not a dash). EX.    FCRB / ND 1127    or    FCRB / LS 3214