Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

SCS Report utility - Quick Release

• 1.  SCS Report utility - Quick Release

Posted 08-13-2019 08:57

In the report utility it shows the Antenna Height as 6.562, even when the quick release is enabled, shouldn't this be 6.692? Without looking at the Report tab to see if they have a quick release enabled when they setup, is there a way to add an option in the Record tab that shows if the quick release was enabled or have the antenna height show the actual height, 6.692, with it enabled? 

If I have to dig through their report to see if its enabled I could basically be guessing if they had it enabled or not and my elevations could be off if I have to change the elevations of the shot I would like to know the actual height of the rod they had at that moment.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense

• 2.  Re: SCS Report utility - Quick Release

Posted 08-13-2019 13:07

Hi Erik,

I will track down the answers for this, and think that it definitely can be added to get the correct height values displayed, i.e. if the QR was selected.  The Godfather of the RU who currently owns and writes the code for it is currently on Paternity Leave.  Once he's back in about 2 weeks or less I can get the details.  

Thanks for your question!

• 3.  Re: SCS Report utility - Quick Release

Posted 08-13-2019 13:17

Perfect! Thanks @Steve DiBenedetto.

• 4.  Re: SCS Report utility - Quick Release

Posted 08-26-2019 12:50

I can confirm that the RU will only display a height of 2m, or whatever rod height was entered into SCS/Siteworks at the time of the measurement, or the "user-entered antenna height".  The Quick Release is correctly accounted for, however it's not displayed anywhere.  Unfortunately this means that the only way to tell if the QR was used is by looking at the task log. 

I've added this ability to display and more effectively record if a QR was being used to our feature backlog for Siteworks. Note that when this functionaliy comes out it will only be in Siteworks and not SCS900, as SCS900 will not be developed and the future of SPS software is in Siteworks.  

• 5.  Re: SCS Report utility - Quick Release

Posted 08-27-2019 05:59

The Email reply got kicked back to me but

"10-4. I've just had to dig through the logs a couple of times and guess if it was enabled or not from the task log. It would be nice to have an actual height with the QR attached and not the rod height entered. or a column next to the height saying if it was used or not."

• 6.  Re: SCS Report utility - Quick Release

Posted 08-26-2019 15:47

Erik

I hope that this covers what you asked here - if not let me know and I will dig around some more for you this week

Alan