Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Cut/fill map for more zones

• 1.  Cut/fill map for more zones

Posted 06-07-2019 03:48

Hi

I have a surface for a highway and surface from a drone. I want to create cut/fill maps for cca 1km zones. I cant find any other way to do that, than: add a boundrie for a surface, make a c/f map, remove the bounderie and do the same for the next zone. A place for selection bounderies as meny for earth-work-report has would be useful.

Is there any other way to do that?

L

• 2.  Re: Cut/fill map for more zones

Posted 06-07-2019 04:40

Surely you can just choose add surface bundaries and choose multiple boundaries? See below. One surface - three boudaries giving three distict, seperate areas?

• 3.  Re: Cut/fill map for more zones

Posted 06-07-2019 13:29

Correct David - if you add Boundaries to one of the two models to create the zones - that "blanks out the TIN model in between the areas - so when you do a single cut / fill map it will limit itself to where you have overlapping data models only and show the CF Labels and Colors only in those zones.

Great to have you guys helping each other - Awesome Work Scotland Team ...

Alan

• 4.  Re: Cut/fill map for more zones

Posted 06-13-2019 12:47

Thank you..

but the problem is not how to create bounderies for a surface but how to set a cut/fill maps "in one step"....

I can set bounderies for creating an earthwork report:

but there is no "Boundery" space in "Cut/fill map menu".... so.... i added 10 bounderies as you mentioned above but after creating cut/fill map it makes that for the whole surface and I want it just for first four zones/bounderies....

• 5.  Re: Cut/fill map for more zones

Posted 06-13-2019 13:00

You have to add the "Boundary Lines" to one of the surfaces of the Cut Fill

map as a "Surface Boundary" - that limits where the surface "is available"

and then when you run the Cut Fill Map it will automatically be limited to

where the surface "Is Available" and outside the boundaries the Cut Fill

Map will automatically be taken away. I enclose an example image

The Green square is my Existing Ground, The Red Square is my Design, the orange lines were created as CAD Boundary Objects in 2D - I then added the two boundaries to my Original Ground Surface as Surface Boundaries (note not using add  remove surface members) - that limits the Origial Ground Surface and by default then the Cut Fill Map between the two surfaces shown as the overlay here - Does that help?

Alan

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 1:48 PM bejceklubos@gmail.com <trimble@jiveon.com>

• 6.  Re: Cut/fill map for more zones

Posted 06-13-2019 18:06

I would create a new surface and call it “Design with Boundary”. Add your design surface as the only member and then add the boundaries to this new “design with boundary” surface. Create your cut and fill using your original surface and this “design with boundary” surface. If you update your design the Cut and FIll  design surface will update but if you accidentally mess something up with a boundary it won’t mess up your design surface and calcs. 

I have run into this before when adding texture to surfaces. You are better off creating a “copy” of the surface, instead of manipulating the actually design surface too much. 

• 7.  Re: Cut/fill map for more zones

Posted 06-14-2019 02:03

Thank you guys... I will test your solutions and I will get back