Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How do you post edit sx10 panorama image

• 1.  How do you post edit sx10 panorama image

Posted 06-19-2019 01:50
      |   view attached

How do i manipulate the exposure of a panorama? I have an under exposed image in the panorama, when i process the panorama it makes the whole dome under exposed. There seems to be no control over how you want the panorama processed.

• 2.  Re: How do you post edit sx10 panorama image

Posted 06-19-2019 11:30

This won't help after the fact, but there is a setting on the scanning screen in Access (before the scan/photos start) for either a fixed or not fixed photo exposure. You don't want a fixed exposure to avoid some photos being over exposed and some being under exposed.

• 3.  Re: How do you post edit sx10 panorama image

Posted 06-26-2019 03:33

Hi Liam, I think...

If you want the whole area to look better
    You can choose the average exposure mode in Trimble Access

• 4.  Re: How do you post edit sx10 panorama image

Posted 12-31-2019 06:44

I set the fixed exposure while scanning, but there are still some areas I need to adjust. Can you tell me where to find this setting in Trimble Access? Is it under the Panorama tab?

• 5.  Re: How do you post edit sx10 panorama image

Posted 12-31-2019 06:46

Also is there a way to cut out individual photos if I have overlapping images and want to cut out one where someone walked in view?

• 6.  Re: How do you post edit sx10 panorama image

Posted 06-26-2019 06:13

Hi Liam,

You can open the raw image from the ".... Files" folder and edit the exposure in photoshop or something similar.

Just be careful not to change the resolution of the images.

Cheers,

Jürg

• 7.  Re: How do you post edit sx10 panorama image

Posted 12-31-2019 07:01

I only see jpg images in the files folder. Are these raw images? Will adjusting them in photoshop work if they're overexposed?

• 8.  Re: How do you post edit sx10 panorama image

Posted 01-02-2020 22:19

I also am not seeing any raw images. Is there a setting to store raw? I’ve tried fixed exposure setting on the sx10 but still have overexposed areas and overall exposure from one scan to the next is inconsistent. On my next job I plan to try fixed exposure during processing instead of while scanning to see if this gives more control. Also I plan to crop my polygon selection to cut out as much sky as possible.

any other ideas?

• 9.  Re: How do you post edit sx10 panorama image

Posted 01-06-2020 05:17

Hello Jon,

We only have access to the jpg images. I normally also use the fixed exposure it gives nicer panoramas.

It's a good idea to use the polygon selection as well. 

And don't forget you always have the intensity (grayscale) it helps you to recognize elements in dark or bright areas.

cheers,

Jürg

• 10.  Re: How do you post edit sx10 panorama image

Posted 01-06-2020 06:48

Thanks Jürg,

If there are no true “raw” images then  I’m struggling to understand how the fixed exposure setting in TBC works. It seems that the detail in overexposed areas will be lost and TBC is just trying to make the images appear more uniform.

Thus, as you said, it seems the best way to get a true uniform exposure without compromising photographic detail and quality is to be selective in the areas you scan by scanning areas with different lighting separately. Is there a way To meter an area with the SX10 so that it uses the lighting of a specific area for the fixed exposure?

• 11.  Re: How do you post edit sx10 panorama image

Posted 01-06-2020 08:58

Hello Jon,

I don't know what exactely is done in TBC. Maybe HDR processing?

Please have a look here: Panorama image Settings

"Before you tap Start, point the instrument toward the location that defines the camera exposure that you want used for all panoramic images."