Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Merging multipe job files in TBC

• 1.  Merging multipe job files in TBC

Posted 02-20-2018 08:24

I have several crews that are copying job files and renaming them. I want to bring all of these job files together, but when I do I am doubling, tripling, quadrupling, the vectors and point grid coordinates. What is the best way to fix this?    I've tried to filter out the point grid coordinates so I could remove all of them, but I can't find that option anywhere. I know I can sort my vector and optical data by date and time so I can see the shots that are doubled, but that takes forever to delete each duplicate vector.

• 2.  Re: Merging multipe job files in TBC

Posted 02-20-2018 08:47

You can rename the job files to a common name and the files will merge on import; eliminating duplicate vectors and points.  When they do not merge, my usual workflow is to review the files in the Imported files drop down in Project explorer and select the duplicate occupations in successive job files and delete.

• 3.  Re: Merging multipe job files in TBC

Posted 02-20-2018 09:09

That looks like it will work for the grid, but what about the duplicating vectors? How do I know if they are a duplicate without looking at the vector spreadsheet data?

• 4.  Re: Merging multipe job files in TBC

Posted 02-20-2018 10:07

• 5.  Re: Merging multipe job files in TBC

Posted 02-20-2018 10:09

I select the vectors on the Import Files list and review on the vector spreadsheet to confirm they are duplicates. 

• 6.  Re: Merging multipe job files in TBC

Posted 02-20-2018 10:51

Those steps are working. I wish we had an optional report for a vector comparison and a way to quick select the duplicate vector.

Thanks for the help.