Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TBC v5.30 - still crashes

• 1.  TBC v5.30 - still crashes

Posted 06-08-2020 03:07

Even in v5.30, I get too many crashes. The strange thing is that I get most crashes when I am away from my computer. The software is doing nothing for some time, I get back at my computer and strange enough, the software has shut down. When I reopen my project, I get the typical error message...

Do something about this, it is very unprofessional...

(and yes, the driver of my graphics card is up to date, as is my Windows, as is TBC, as is my computer in total)

• 2.  Re: TBC v5.30 - still crashes

Posted 06-08-2020 06:30

Do you have any job data in TBC when you get crashes? Do you see any error code before it shuts itself?

Do you use dongle or network license? There are several information needed to understand the problem better.  

It's been already passed weeks and we haven't received any error report from any of our customers who are working daily with surveying and scanning projects. Have you tried to use your license on different computer? 

• 3.  Re: TBC v5.30 - still crashes

Posted 06-12-2020 01:23

Hi Gizem,

I can't give you specific data, because it seems to happen with all my projects. I don't see any error codes on shut down, most of the time it just happens when I'm not at my computer and the software is idle (no import, no colourisation of point clouds, nothing). When working in TBC it seems fine. I also have an occasional crash but not more often than with other software.

I work with a dongle, and I share the same dongle with a colleague of mine.

• 4.  Re: TBC v5.30 - still crashes

Posted 06-12-2020 09:16

Hi Nico, 

The engineers suggest you install this new runtime: https://supportportal.gemalto.com/csm/?sys_kb_id=61fb0ee1dbd2e78cfe0aff3dbf9619ab&id=kb_article_view&sysparm_rank=8&sysparm_tsqueryId=76829216db1990109cea983cca9619bd&sysparm_article=KB0018320 They found an issue when you use a dongle license on a Windows 10 system. The incompatibility can sometimes cause crashing, TBC included. Would you give it a try? Simply exit TBC, install the runtime, then relaunch TBC.

Please keep us posted. Thank you. 

• 5.  Re: TBC v5.30 - still crashes

Posted 06-14-2020 12:47

Hi Rui,

I've installed the runtime, and I'll keep you posted what happens (or hopefully doesn't happen).

I just realised that I'm also using other software with a dongle (CAD-software - www.pythagoras.net). No issues after installing the runtime with that software, but I'll have to keep this in mind everytime I install an update/upgrade. Could be that the hasp-software gets overwritten. I'll check with them.

Could there be a conflict between the two?

• 6.  Re: TBC v5.30 - still crashes

Posted 06-15-2020 13:09

Hi Nico, I don't know how the other software handles their dongle licenses, so I'm not sure if there would be any conflict. But just like all the software we run on Windows, we sit and watch if they get along with each other  

• 7.  Re: TBC v5.30 - still crashes

Posted 06-08-2020 12:57

I am using Windows 10, 2004 Build, which is latest update from Windows.

After updating Windows i tried to launch TBC app but it was crashing, hence i installed lower version for TBC still faced same issue. 

Hence contacted to Microsoft support, they ran compatibility troubleshooter for this app, and it states that this app is not compatible with Windows 10.

So please help me with compatible version of this app 

• 8.  Re: TBC v5.30 - still crashes

Posted 06-09-2020 16:06

Hi @Joseph Figueroa, which TBC version are you running, 5.30? Would you also take a look at Page 15 of this TBC release notes (link: English_ReleaseNotes.pdf - Google Drive), and see if there are anything standing out?

Thank you.

• 9.  Re: TBC v5.30 - still crashes

Posted 06-12-2020 11:33

Hi Rui,

I'm tying to install TBC 5.30 on a notebook that was upgraded to SSD 1TB and upgraded RAM 16GB. Prior to the notebook upgrade I was able to run TBC 5.0. I didn't clone the old drive, I used media creation tool windows 10. My notebook is within the system requirements. I've tried the troubleshooting suggestion for disable the integrated graphics card but sill crashes on installation. So at this point I'm not able to install the program. I've tried installing with/without the dongle, still crashes. The message that comes up is ":( Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you." Which led me to contact Microsoft and they tell me what was mentioned on my last message.

Thank you.