Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Process Panorama. KML and JPEG visors

• 1.  Process Panorama. KML and JPEG visors

Posted 11-06-2019 04:07

Good morning,

We use a V10 to do quite a lot of pictures specially to record the different stages of the construction site we are working in.

When we want to share the pictures, we normally send the 12pictures at each location. I know that V10 does export KML (Google Earth) and JPEG. I have a couple of question about this formats that I hope someone out there can answer:

• KML: the link produced by TBC used to expire after certain time. Is this still on? Will my links expire after a month?
    • JPEG: TBC creates a picture in a rectangular shape. (See below). If I try to open it in a standard Windows picture viewer, It doesn't show it as a 360 picture. I have tried a couple of online viewer for 360 pictures but it is even worse. Can anybody recommend a software that does the job?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Regards

• 2.  Re: Process Panorama. KML and JPEG visors

Posted 11-07-2019 05:23

We also use V10 for Heritage works and it is very powerful instrument , and used it to produce location maps and drawings with 3D cloud within TBC

we have made stitching outside TBC but for visualization only 

Yes there are Pano Stitching software on the Internet that can stitch the one spot photos but you will loose the coordinates and point location, biut leaves the black hole within it

You can also crete an ortho photo in TBC from V10

Michael Younan

• 3.  Re: Process Panorama. KML and JPEG visors

Posted 11-08-2019 03:32

Thanks Michael. I will try the PAno Stitching. It is a pity we need to use an external software to do this, though. As for the ortho photo, I'm afraid we cant use that option because we use the V10 for floor details rather than for facades. Also, we dont do enough setups to generate a point cloud.

Thanks for the advises anyway.

Regards