Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Adjusting Horizontal and Vertical Angles in TBC Least Squares Adjustment

• 1.  Adjusting Horizontal and Vertical Angles in TBC Least Squares Adjustment

Posted 07-22-2019 16:41

In a TBC Least Squares Adjustment is it possible to include Horizontal and Vertical angles only in the adjustment? For example can you read both the horizontal and vertical angles to a target (no distance read) from two different setups and get the adjusted coordinates for the target?

• 2.  Re: Adjusting Horizontal and Vertical Angles in TBC Least Squares Adjustment

Posted 03-05-2020 18:49

You can intersect points with angle only measurements and adjust their coordinates using a network adjustment in TBC. The key is both radiations need to have the same point identifier. I edited the point numbers in the optical spreadsheet once in TBC which then gave me the option to merge the points. You may be able to do this in the field as well. Once the radiations were merged, the point was created. The network adjustment can then be completed as normal and an error ellipse will be created for the point. You will need to make sure that you are intersecting radiations that create a decent angle (not a sharp angle) in the field to get a good result. This feature must have been included in a more recent version of TBC as I am certain I could not do this a couple of years ago. I am now using TBC 5.2 which enables this to be done.