Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

SCS900 v3 XML file

• 1.  SCS900 v3 XML file

Posted 02-12-2020 15:42

Hi All

i am trying to export to SCS900 v3 an xml file generated by Bentley microstation. It’s a centreline string (a number of) and I need to use it to measure offsets to edges. Having tried importing direct into a work order/design on the controller (TSC3) or export through business centre as a design i am still no further on than I was several hours ago.

if anyone has any guidance it would be appreciated!

cheers

• 2.  Re: SCS900 v3 XML file

Posted 02-12-2020 23:41

SCS900 uses a PRO file for its alignments not an XML - you can create that using TBC software or the SCS Data Manager. I have to check whether alignment only or alignments only work - I think they do

Import the XML file into TBC and then go to the field data or construction data menu and create a jobsite and then a design. When you create the design there are a number of options - the alignment surface or alignments only is what you need - I know you can select one surface and many alignments - I am not sure if you can select alignments only without trying it - if you need a surface you can just  create a rectangle at an elevation near your alignment elevations and make a surface out of it and that will give you all you need for the export process - once in SCS tgen you can select the alignments and ignore the surface. If you can do the alignments only then you are in good shape

Once created you can sync or copy to a usb and copy to device

Alan

• 3.  Re: SCS900 v3 XML file

Posted 02-13-2020 04:27

You can also use SCS Data Manager to convert an LandXML to a .pro.

It is odd that there is no separate pro exporter in the export menu. 

Alignments in Siteworks (as .pro) using SCS Data Manager to convert alignments from LandXML. 

• 4.  Re: SCS900 v3 XML file

Posted 02-13-2020 13:03

Patrick, thank you. Your screen shot helped. It was as simple as inputting the xml file as the “dtm surface or roadway model” and it converts it to .pro format. No need for additional strings / surfaces or messing around. 

I ended up with the design centreline which I could check offsets to at any chainage. 

Alan, thank you also for your reply.

TBC wouldn’t allow me to import the alignment, or even the surface model with alignment centreline I had created. Very strange but something I can look at at a later date!