Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Corridor template-instruction not correctly reflected

• 1.  Corridor template-instruction not correctly reflected

Posted 05-12-2018 00:48
      |   view attached

I attach a file "0-16K DTM.vce"

There are several templates in the file.

You will notice that there is a ditch that is forming on the LHS. 

If you look at the previous instruction 17+VEL to 18+ Ditch 1 L, it is supposed to be 1.4m below point 17+VEL. But is not. The side slope must have terminated at the ground surface, but is overshooting and creating an unwanted Ditch. 

The instruction is identical on the RHS which is behaving properly.

If I delete the following template (2+165.01 Type 2), this corrects itself.

I am baffled.

Will some one help.

Thanks.

Attachment(s)

zip
    0-16K DTM.vce.zip   22.21 MB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Corridor template-instruction not correctly reflected

Posted 05-15-2018 10:19

There seems to be some an extraneous instruction in here creating the ditch. The issue is at 2+053 the delta vertical is -1.4m from nodes 17 to 18. At the next template 2+165, the delta vertical is ~-3.2m from nodes 17 to 18. This distance between stations 2+053 and 2+165 interpolates from -1.4m to -3.2m, therefore around 2+150 this distance is ~-2.6m, this puts it below the surface. The next instruction draws to the surface as a cut or fill so this creates the ditch.

To resolve this, it seems that you just want to slope down from 17 to the surface, this could be accomplished by deleting the instruction from 17-18 and just leaving the one from 18-19 (this will become the new 17-18)

I'm not sure why the deleted instruction exists as the following one simply extended the line. This change may effect the rest of the project though.

I'm not sure why the templates were done this way but TBC seems to be interpreting it correctly. Hope that helps.