Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to limit cross sections to stations added to "Use additional locations"?

• 1.  How to limit cross sections to stations added to "Use additional locations"?

Posted 08-21-2019 12:39

My apologies if this has been asked already.  I searched about 10 minutes with no luck, so if it's been answered can someone direct me to its location?  Thanks.

I'm trying to print cross sections at only the stations that I add to the list of "Use additional locations" in the "Cross-section Locations" section of the Cross Section Sheet Editor.  Although all options are unchecked except for "Limit by station range" and "Use additional locations", I'm getting unwanted stations.  Can cross sections be limited to only those entered as "Additional Locations"?  If so, how? 

I just realized that I'm still running 5.00.  I'm currently updating to 5.10.

• 2.  Re: How to limit cross sections to stations added to "Use additional locations"?

Posted 08-21-2019 18:22

John

You will always get the First and Last of your range - so if you only want those that you pick make sure that first and last station are stations that you want (no need to add them to the locations list as well. Then set your Interval to something like 100000 to stop it creating any Interval sections, and make sure you uncheck the generation of sections at HAL and VAL points - then you should only get the sections that you want

Hope this helps - if not let me know and I can take a deeper look in the morning - I am pretty sure that this works as I have done this many times myself.

Alan

• 3.  Re: How to limit cross sections to stations added to "Use additional locations"?

Posted 08-23-2019 05:02

Alan,

I believe that is exactly what I did, but in v5.00.  I just updated to v5.10 and will try again to see if it will work in v5.10.

Thanks and see ya in October!

Best Regards,

John Hitchcock